Topic: FireFace UFX + ADI 2 FS Pro

Hello,

Before to buy it,

- Is it possible to use the ADI 2 FS Pro as main output controler and/or as hi-end record converter for the final mix, following the Fireface in the chain?
- For example, If the ADI Pro is connected via AES to the Main Output (AES assigned) of the Fireface UFX, will it be available and visible in the Totalmix?
- And in  this case, if the Pro is UBS connected, will it be reconise as the main outPut in Logic Pro (or Protools) and in the OSX core-audio?

I hope it's enough clear...

(Note I also own an ADI 8DS MKlll)

Thanks fot your help!

Gérard

Re: FireFace UFX + ADI 2 FS Pro

All possible, I also use ADI-2 Pro FS BE with the UFX+.

See my blog article: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank a lot Ramses for your feed back!
That's now clear for me !

Hello ,

I comme back after a while.
I have now this new configuration: Fireface UFX +ADI-8 DS Mk III + ADI-2 Pro fs.

And i have a problem with the ADI-2 configuration: In USB mode, It's impossible to get the Class Compliant multi-channel mode 6in/8out. It stay in Stereo mode 2in/2out. Impossible to acceed to the CCmode function in the SetUp option. The function stay in grey and is inaccessible.

Does someone have the key?

Thanks a lot!

See manual 14.1.3, CC Mode.
It's explained there, that the device may not be connected to USB if you want to change these settings.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

6 (edited by GBDC 2019-09-15 19:38:36)

Hi Ramses
and thanks a lot for you feed back!!!
I did'nt saw this chapter in the manual! Iwas fixed on the 17. where the details are explained...
Fortunately, your are here!