Topic: Groups settings is variant per Submix/output?!

I was a bit puzzled by this but from what I can determine from using Totalmix on my UFX I can see that e.g. when I set up a fader group and assign it to fader group 1 it is only valid for the submix/Output I am currently working with. Another submix can have an entirely different setup of e.g. saved fader groups in the Groups section. Until I discovered this I was under the impression that the Groups section was common to all submixes. Am I dreaming or can anyone confirm this? It is truely an ambitious setup but what is the thought behind this? My mental image of fader groups was e.g. to group all drum faders and then use that fader collection to set levels for each submix. As it work now I need to define the fader group setting once for each submix and then use it, so I guess that there are both pros and cons with this superflexibility.

Re: Groups settings is variant per Submix/output?!

The fader groups faders, not changes how they work. What you want can easily be accomplished with the Trim Gain feature.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the confirmation, Matthias. I realise now that it is a natural consequence of some of the key elements of the architecture. I just needed to get my head around that fact. Thanks also for pointing out the use of Trim gain, but that will affect all mixes.

That is correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME