1 (edited by iamzenoir 2019-05-17 01:57:12)

Topic: UC cannot be found after installing V3.15 USB driver OSX

Hi all,

(Sorry it’s a bit long, in short it’s a v3.15 USB driver for Mac OS issue. UC can’t connect to Totalmix and Fireface USB Setting app but can be seen in Preference of OSX)

I just bought an UC and I was trying to install the v3.15 driver on my MBP(osx10.13.6). Clicked “Allow” in Security and Privacy setting. After a restart as requested at the end of the installation, it froze on boot up.

I managed to reboot the MBP after a while and the MBP sees UC in normal Sound preference of OSX but not working with both Totalmix and Fireface USB Setting app.
So I re-install the driver and it went smooth this time. However the results were the same, even reinstalling it for a few times.

It happened the same when I tried to install on my Macbook Air(OSX10.13.6), but the 1st reboot was even worse. I ran into some error status of installing a MAC OS with rolls of codings. Fortunately I too managed to reboot it properly again but it doesn’t see the UC in Totalmix and Fireface USB Setting app as well.

However it works with the Flash firmware update app(which it says it will only work when the driver is installed) and works very well with my other Wins10 laptop with no issue.

Any suggestions please? Thank you very much!

Re: UC cannot be found after installing V3.15 USB driver OSX

You did not change the UC into AP mode. See manual, installation instructions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You did not change the UC into AP mode. See manual, installation instructions.

Thanks for the reply. Yes This is on PC mode, how can I change it into AP mode? Manual said double click will change between modes, but it doesn’t. Thanks!

Will that be other issue?

It works now!!! Thank you!