Topic: Using Adat (UAD 4-710d) -> Hammerfall Multiface ii

I wasn't sure exactly where to ask this, so I thought I would try here. I've been trying to get this unit to work with my interface. I show signal on the meters of the uad, but am not seeing anything coming into Totalmix FX or in my daw (reaper). I have the optical cable going from out (1) of the uad to the spdif/ADAT input on my Hammerfall multiface ii. The hammerfall is hooked up to and hdsp(e) pcie card running windows 10.  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Also, in my DSP settings, it is showing "no lock" on ADAT in.

Re: Using Adat (UAD 4-710d) -> Hammerfall Multiface ii

Did you set the ADAT ports on both units to ADAT protocol or did you configure on one side SPDIF ?

Is the RME clock master and the UAD clock slave, clocked by ADAT ?
Then the you need also an ADAT cable from RME to UAD.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I'm pretty sure the UAD is set as the master

What means "pretty sure" ?

Could you kindly send a picture of UAD and RME clock settings ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

https://ibb.co/0YMCMq5

UAD is set to 44.1 on the unit, not "WC" (word clock) as specified in the manual):

"Internal clock is used (Sample Rate knob is NOT set to “W/C”)
Computer is set to synchronize (“slave”) to ADAT external clock"

7 (edited by ramses 2019-06-19 05:46:53)

This can't work.

You said the UAD should be the clock master...

According to your screenshot you also set the RME to act as clock master by choosing "clock source: internal".

You need to set clock source to "ADAT" on the Multiface, so that it acts as a "clock slave" and
uses the clock from ADAT (from the UAD).

The manual says clearly on page 14 (https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/mface2_e.pdf)
Clock Source
The unit can be configured to use its own clock (Internal = Master), or one of the input signals
(Word, SPDIF, ADAT). If the selected source isn't available (Input Status No Lock), the unit will
change to the next available one (this behaviour is called AutoSync). If none is available then
the internal clock is used. The current clock source is displayed as Current.

See also chapter 8.2 Clock Modes