Topic: Changing input on Unit instead of remote

I'm wondering how to switch from USB to Optical on the unit. Currently, the only way I know how is with the remote.

Anyone know how to do it from the actual DAC?

Thanks,
Spence

2 (edited by Trojka 2019-06-29 14:54:48)

Re: Changing input on Unit instead of remote

I/O button, then rotary 2

Hmm. That doesn’t work for me. Just get a bunch of settings. I have the adi-2 FS.

4 (edited by jiw 2019-06-29 15:11:46)

For the DAC, you have to make sure that the top bar reads the selected output. If it does not, rotate encoder 1 until it does. Then, go to 'Settings' by rotating encoder 2 with the second top bar selected (bold text). Then select 'Source' by pushing encoder 2 to go down and encoder 1 to go up and turn encoder 2 to select the desired input.

You can also use the remap keys function by saving the settings of the DAC with any input selected to a setup which then can be loaded by pushing the selected button on the DAC.

Otherwise, maybe a function to cycle through the inputs or select an individual input could be added to the remap keys function in a future firmware.

The only selected output I see is "line out" no "Source" option to change to opt or coax.

6 (edited by jiw 2019-06-29 15:49:52)

Have a look at the manual p. 20 (https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/adi2dac_e.pdf) and try to reproduce the screen.

K. I got it now! Thanks much.