Topic: Roon Nucleus with ADI-2 DAC

I have an ADI-2 DAC on order and have a few questions. I'm not very computer literate, so sorry if these questions seem obvious to those of you who are computer whizzes.
In case you don't know, Roon Nucleus is a Linux based unit that houses the Roon core.
-Do I need to load a driver if the ADI-2 DAC is being fed from a Linux based unit, or is it basically plug-and-play? Manual talks about Windows/Mac/IOS, but doesn't mention Linux.
-Is anyone here using the ADI-2 DAC with a Roon Nucleus? If so, can you give me any pointers for setup?
I will be using the ADI-2 DAC mainly as a dac (I'll play with the headphone options later)- usb out from Nucleus to usb into the ADI-2 DAC, Balanced XLR out from ADI-2 DAC to pre-pro (that will control volume) to amp and speakers.
-Is there a way to set the volume out from ADI-2 DAC at a fixed level, so that the volume controls on the ADI-2 DAC remote don't operate ? I looked thru the ADI-2 manual, but couldn't find it.
-I use a universal remote for my system that is capable of learning IR codes. Is the remote IR?

Any help will be appreciated.

2 (edited by N00b 2019-06-29 17:33:08)

Re: Roon Nucleus with ADI-2 DAC

Hi, I dont know for the first 2 questions. But:

tngiloy wrote:

-Is there a way to set the volume out from ADI-2 DAC at a fixed level, so that the volume controls on the ADI-2 DAC remote don't operate ? I looked thru the ADI-2 manual, but couldn't find it.

See the manual on pages 21 and 62 (lock volume).

tngiloy wrote:

I
-I use a universal remote for my system that is capable of learning IR codes. Is the remote IR?

Any help will be appreciated.

Yes, the remote is IR wink

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Re: Roon Nucleus with ADI-2 DAC

Merci beaucoup.