1 (edited by membrain 2019-06-30 22:51:48)

Topic: Fireface 400 firmware error

Hello there,

I have had my Fireface 400 disconnected for a little while and now as I connected it back, It loaded up, but very slowly. And when I check the version driver is 3.36 but firmware shows v0.00.
I installed new firmware few months ago and it worked all well. When I try to install firmware update it shows "error 2000000"

Tried both firewire ports and for both the HOST LED is solid red. For one port it loads the total mix and in the RME settings it shows driver, but firmware 0.00 as i wrote above. For second firmware port it did not load at all. But still host is solid red.

Tried both buss and external power.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks a lot
Martin

Re: Fireface 400 firmware error

Wrong or broken power supply, or switch on the back set wrong. FW cable gone bad. FW ports defective. At last you might  send it in for a repair cost quote.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Wrong or broken power supply, or switch on the back set wrong. FW cable gone bad. FW ports defective. At last you might  send it in for a repair cost quote.

Thanks a lot for the input. I will order new cable and see how it goes. Meanwhile I'm gonna try to seek for someone who will be able to repair the device if powersupply/fw ports are broken. Is there any official service for Czech Republic?

Thanks a lot again
Martin

Hi, so here I am with an update.

I have bought new FW cable and it did not solve the problem.
I have disassemble the device and:
1) checked input voltage of the flyback regulator LM2588S and it was 5.2 V
2) checked voltage of step down regulator LM2595S - input: 11.4 V, output: 5.5 V
- now here since I do not have schematic I really do not know if those values are OK. Both measured with external power supply connected
3) Checked capacitors ESR (serial resistance) and none of them seemed to be faulty. I was not checking those small SMD capacitors though, only those bigger electrolytes.

Any idea how to proceed? Can I try something else by myself before handing it to some repair service?

Thanks
Martin

Check again. LM2588S turns the 5.2V of LM2595S into +12V, -12V and +48V.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME