Topic: ARC USB Fader Group Control Question

Hi.

I'm using the UFX+ both as an interface and a mixer for studio & live-setups. One pair each of line ins/outs is used as stereo fx send/return. To control fx send level for various incoming instruments, I can thankfully navigate my way to the "Mix to Analog Out n" screen on the front-panel of the UFX+. However, this is a bit fiddly and cumbersome in performance-situations.

So, I was wondering: Can I assign the faders for the instruments to their own fader groups for the "Mix to Analog Out n", toggle the group via an ARC button and use the encoder wheel to control the the mix (fx-send) level of that fader group?

Is it (or will it become) possible to do this with the ARC USB Remote? - I'll probably be getting a Mackie Control capable unit (Behringer X-Touch) soon to able to mix more easily with the UFX+, but an option via the ARC USB would be nice...

Cheers!

Re: ARC USB Fader Group Control Question

Your application is taken care of by using an iPad with TotalMix FX for iPad. The ARC USB will never be able to do such in stand-alone mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

thank you for your response! I did consider an iPad for such applications, and may be getting one anyway. In this case though, I'd probably prefer motor faders.

Is it correct to assume all mix levels / fader groups are controllable via Mackie Control over MIDI/DIN with the UFX+ in standalone mode?

Regards,
Michael

Manual chapter 28.6...and there are no fader groups, just one, the temporary one in the current 8-channel block. The iPad version is MUCH better...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME