Topic: ADI2PRO Phone-Line Toggle

Hello, I don't understand the way Phones-Line toggle parameter work with the automatic phones switch.
When i activate the Phone-Line toggle 1/2 the automatic phone switch became inactive on 1/2, i suppose it's a logic thing.
But the automatic phone switch 3/4 is inactive too...
In fact the 3 toggle modes make all phones automatic switch inactive.
Is it normal ?

Re: ADI2PRO Phone-Line Toggle

Toggle means you press the Volume button for a second. That overrides the sensor based control.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, i don't clearly understand the response.
When the Phone⇔Line 1/2 is engage in the setup/options/phones, the monitor 1/2 do not mute any more when i insert the phone plug in 3/4.
If i put the setup/options/phones/Phone⇔Line on OFF the mute is done when i plug the phone in 3/4. Is it normal ?

Yes, and logically as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by KSTR 2019-07-02 08:15:33)

But the naming of the feature is a bit cryptic, to me as well.
I always have to look up the corresponding section in the user's manual, as "Phones <=> Line" isn't any intuitive because I would never associate the "<=>" with a toggling function.
Might be better called "Enable Manual Output Select"?
This would indicate its two functions: a) That it *allows* a selection of  which output(s) are active and b) that this selection is *manual* (via VolKnob) and overrides the sensor-based muting of line-out (if enabled by the Mute vs. TRS1/2 or TRS3/4, which is also wrongly named btw as it actually means PH1/2 or PH3/4. TRS1/2 is the rear unbalanced line out).

6 (edited by ramses 2019-07-02 08:15:14)

Proposal. How about "Toggle Ph/Line" ?
Then it would be consistent with the Remap-Key function which also has this name.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you.