Topic: Change (only) filters with remote

Hello, I have a DAC ADI-2 for a few weeks. I still hesitate between the filters and I decided to remape the keys "3" and "4" (SD Slow / NOS).

• If I'm on "Slow" and I go on "3", I have "SD Slow" but also "Crossfeed 1" and if I pass on "4", I have "NOS" with "Crosfeed 4" .
    By default, I set "Crossfeed" to "OFF".

• Otherwise, on "1" and "2", I have "mono" and "loudness". No problem .. one click> "Loudness on", one more "Loudness off" but for filters no reverse selection (?).
    If I'm on "Slow" by default> one click on "3"> "SD slow" (with Crosfeed ... grrr tongue), one more: same message "SD Slow", no reverse selection to "Slow" (state by defaut).

ROON on Lenovo > Allo USBridge > RME ADI-2 Dac > Audia Flight FL100  / Recital Audio Define HEFA

Re: Change (only) filters with remote

Does the same occur when you use the buttons on the DAC (set Remap Keys to ON rather than Remote)?

Same thing with hard keys. (EQ) > "SD Slow"... and Crossfeed move from "off" to "1".

ROON on Lenovo > Allo USBridge > RME ADI-2 Dac > Audia Flight FL100  / Recital Audio Define HEFA

4 (edited by jiw 2019-07-14 09:26:24)

What firmware is your DAC on?

Mine is on 26/30 and does not do the same.

EDIT: I also tried your remapping and it still does not behave like your DAC.

EDIT2: It is in the settings that this changes and not on the on-screen messages as I expected. My DAC does the same as yours.

Yes. That is a mapping bug in firmware 30, the filters can not be set via remapping, they switch Crossfeed instead as can be seen in the I/O menu (the menu always shows what really is happening). Will be fixed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No problem, I can wait for the firmware 31 wink

31 will also fix Dim not attenuating 20 dB when in AutoRef mode (broken since fw 28 already). These are the only two bugs currently known.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What is the release plan? end of July for version 31?

There is no release plan as right now we have summer holidays wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

have a nice holiday wink

11 (edited by Curt962 2019-07-15 14:56:40)

Zaurux,

Your request to change ONLY DAC filters via Remote CAN be accomplished by creating set ups that are identical in EVERY WAY except for the DAC Filter.   Be aware that "Slow", and "NOS" have B5 EQ requirements that need to be compensated for, and when You "Store" a Set-Up...EVERYTHING is Stored, incl. Current Vol. Setting, Balance, Fingerprints, Dust, etc.

Further, If You (the Listener) are Choosing the Filters for Comparison...the A/B is Void.

You need a Mischievous helper to select filters...  smile

The differences are SO SMALL, and slightest Level, Etc Change Ruins the experiment. 

Curt

PS: Creating Identical Set-Ups as I've described can take a few Minutes, BUT...gives you much greater Fluency in the RME functions, and is vastly easier than Rolling Tubes, or Soldering Magical Capacitors....

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes