Topic: Pop when switching sample/bitrate

Hi all,

I guess because I got a new record recently at 24bit/96kHz I started to run into this problem only now and can't say if it's due to a new Firmware update of my ADI2 DAC or not (at the moment I'm running the latest FW 26/30).

When going from a playing 24/96 file to a 16/44.1 file, as the device changes its INT status, there is a very loud "pop" sound (on the left channel)- like really loud (pops happen booth ways 24/96 --> 16/44.1 --> 24/96).

This happens when the Software player changes the sample/bitrate automatically (Swinsian) or when I change the "format" manually under the "Audio-MIDI-Setup" page in Mac OSX (High Sierra) while music is playing. Switching between 24/96 files and "standard" 16/44.1 files gives me about a 50% chance of this happening.

Also happens when I use iTunes, so I guess its not Software related?

I know that changing the Format nilly willy is not the way to use the device, but it changing silently while going from one album to the next would be really great, first time it happened it nearly took my head of. Primarily using the analog output with active Genelecs attached.

Could the device automute when changing sample/bitrate? Or is it an unavoidable thing I just have to deal with?

Thank you for the reply in advance.

Re: Pop when switching sample/bitrate

That's a known issue and we are working on it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Just received a test firmware from Mr. MC --> Problem gone.
Hope the fix is incorporated in all future Firmware updates (I guess that's the case big_smile )

I have to say, outstanding customer support !

Thank you very much.

Sanktra,

Awesome!   Know that when you purchase an RME Product, it's not just a "Box", but rather a Living, Breathing device that is in a continuous evolutionary cycle that Users get to enjoy with each Firmware release.  How Cool!!

Enjoy!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Hello ! So I recently got the UFX 2 and have the exact same problem when booting up the computer which is connected as Host to the UFX 2.

I also get it when switching sample/bit rate, the screen on the UFX shows the inputs all light up even though there should be no signal going in.  Sometimes this happens and the input meters also go in RED clipping territory and the sound of the pop is exactly that, loud a.f and painful to hear tbh.

I came from a cheap UMC1820 Interface and never had any issues like this sad

Please open a new thread in the respective forum. BTW, you do NOT have the exact same problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

THanks for your response, the issue was too similar to not post here.

Since then, Ive swapped for the Adi-2pro-fs-be and it is amazing ! Those problems  are gone

Hi
I just experienced the same with software playback
Using UFX II with newest firmware
Roon as player. Experienced same with other software as well
When switching from 24/96 to 16/44 or vice versa I get a loud pop, almost like a pistol going off

Any remedies to this?