Topic: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 27/32, Pro 213/96 - Fix it!
First of all we would like to apologize. Due to various circumstances you had to wait much longer for fixes of known issues than is usual with RME. From summer holidays to a long time of searching the reason behind the dreaded 'single sample left channel click' (this alone had cost us three weeks) there were many delays. On a positive side we used the time to fix even so far unknown issues, and of course couldn't stop to further improve both DAC and Pro!
Flashback: last firmware versions released were ADI-2 Pro 193/94
and shortly thereafter the big DAC Remote it! initiative with version 26/30
Since then we received very useful feedback, resulting in the new DSP versions 96 for the Pro and 32 for the DAC. The FPGA for the Pro jumps to 213 and 27 for the DAC.
These updates include important fixes and are therefore highly recommended!
- Optimized the internal mute control (click suppression on sample rate changes)
- Dim did not work as expected at the Line Out when AutoRef was active
- Command Mono did not work
- Command VOL is now fully supported (short click mute)
- The display could start to flicker when using various commands in a quick, sequential order
- Remapping and Remote: DA Filter showed the expected message, but in reality Crossfeed was switched
- Reduced DarkScreen timeout when triggered by remote
- Renamed Hardware/Diagnosis to Remap Keys / Diagnosis
- Renamed Device Mode to Phones / DSD
The latter sounds like nothing special, but after many updates those menu names were no longer describing the content of these two menus correctly. With this simple change it should be much easier to remember and find the desired functions. The same applies to the ADI-2 Pro, see below.
ADI-2 Pro (list is valid for all its iterations):
- Added M/S-Processing option to the Analog Input Settings menu
- Added DIM function (Settings menu and Remap Keys)
- Fixed the internal mute control (broken since v193)
- After power-off and -on DualVolume mode was reactivated, but the individual volume settings got lost
- Phones Out 3/4, Settings, Source: Removed choice USB 3/4 when in Stereo mode
- Renamed Hardware/Diagnosis to SPDIF / Remap Keys
- Renamed Device Mode to Device Mode / DSD
- Renamed Phones <==> Line to Toggle Ph/Line to use the same name everywhere
- Fixed the 32 bit clipping module for the analog outputs (for levels higher than 0 dBFS. Broken since v193)
- Fixed multiple resets when changing from 16x DSD to 8x DSD (no audible issue)
General, DAC and Pro
- New pre-mute function for PCM (click suppression on sample rate changes)
- Switching EQ On/Off caused EQ band 5 to change its function
- The ADAT input could activate De-emphasis (treble attenuation) for the analog outputs unintentionally
Windows: If you need to install the driver for the flash process and uninstall it again:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 81#p135881
As always updated manuals are available for download on our website:
As some DAC users wondered about the M/S Process option I added a chapter about this feature to both manuals.