Topic: calibrate

Hi,
newbie ..... I have searched for this, but the question is  .."how do you calibrate monitors to the "K system?
I want to get consistency in the bass level across 150 music sequences.
Any suggestions welcomed..
cheers
Bryan H

Aussie

Sager Laptop Intel quad 2.8
Win 7 Ult 64 bt
32 gb ram FF800, Reaper
Texture Dosbox 74

Re: calibrate

You are supposed to use a sound meter at your listening position, use dB(C)weighted Leq (a time integration of the sound rms loudness performed by the measuring instrument) then play your reference audio material to adjust the amplifier or DAC output gain until you read 77 dB(C) of sound pressure level, both speakers driven
But you could actually set the loudness level at another point here 60....90 dB, as long as you consider to further compare the audio to that relative reference
That say, any tracks showing around 0dB slow rms when referred to the same K initial metering should sound nearly equal in loudness
Using dB(C)weighting makes sure to properly assess the bass content of the audio, but take care about the acoustic coupling of both your listening room and speakers, that could induce a subjective but significant difference with K metering looking similar ed:
Hope it helps :-)

HDSP 9632, Octamic D, Head Acoustics, WL6, NVH software tools

Thanks so much for the reply ....
I will spend the weekend having a go at this
merci beacoup
Bryan H ... Australia

Sager Laptop Intel quad 2.8
Win 7 Ult 64 bt
32 gb ram FF800, Reaper
Texture Dosbox 74

Check out "Mastering Audio" from about page 168 to about page 176 - some of that area is on Bob Katz's site as web articles, but not the specific how-to stuff.