Topic: [Solved] Babyface Pro Fs not recognized on windows after update

Hey there:
I own a babyface pro for more than a year and everything worked just fine... till yesterday.
I think it happened after updating windows 11.
I decided to install a fresh windows copy, but still no luck.
I can see babyface pro on the windows device manager, but it is under the other devices section, not like an audio interface.
Installing latest drivers do not fix the problem. Totalmix not appearing on restart, no sound device detected...
I tried removing drivers and installing again, tried different usb cables, anything worked.
Basically it is like an expensive brick that does anything.
I read a lot of posts about the unity entering class compliant mode, but I think it is not my case neither.
Any help would be appreciated, I need to work but cannot at all.
The device appears marked with a warning on the device manager. Also tried uninstalling the device from the device manager several times, updating the controllers again and again, etc.
Thanks in advance.

2 (edited by waedi 2023-08-24 02:52:16)

Re: [Solved] Babyface Pro Fs not recognized on windows after update

The Fireface USB Settings dialog is not opening, right ?
You can't say what firmware version is in the unit ?
And the FUT does not work either.

You may have to look for another computer to perform the firmware update.
And you have to be sure the unit is not in CC-mode.
Holding the two buttons SELECT and DIM during power-up does flip the two modes normal and CC.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hey:
Thanks for your reply.
I have no idea of what firmware is currently running, I cannot open any dialogue from totalmix or fireface usb.
Tomorrow I will try to perform a firmware update from a mac, who knows.
Can you provide more information on how to know what mode is the babyface set in?
I am blind, and well, my girlfriend can share her eyes smile but when I hold the two buttons and plug the power cable in, she cannot see any cc or pc indication on the screen. What "is she looking for?
Thanks and I will update soon.

4 (edited by waedi 2023-08-24 03:36:03)

The CC or PC is shown by the LEDs during powering-up anyway. No need to hold a key for that.
For flipping it, the USB connection shall be disconnected.

For doing the FUT on a mac you have to use an older driver.
The FUT needs a working driver, tell what Mac it is Intel or M chip and what MacOS is in use, giving you a link to the right driver will be no problem then.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

The CC or PC is shown by the LEDs during powering-up anyway. No need to hold a key for that.

That’s not entirely true! Talking about the startup without any pressed button, as long the unit is set to class compliant mode, CC is shown every time. But if the unit is set to native driver mode, there is no indication showed by the LEDs. So 'PC' is only showed just when switching to this mode using the 'double-button-grip'.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

alanjdv wrote:

Hey:
Thanks for your reply.
I have no idea of what firmware is currently running, I cannot open any dialogue from totalmix or fireface usb.
Tomorrow I will try to perform a firmware update from a mac, who knows.
Can you provide more information on how to know what mode is the babyface set in?
I am blind, and well, my girlfriend can share her eyes smile but when I hold the two buttons and plug the power cable in, she cannot see any cc or pc indication on the screen. What "is she looking for?
Thanks and I will update soon.

Here's a Video for your girlfriend. Maybe this helps as well. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3eQjf0a1lhA

Regards,
Audio AG Support

Thanks for all your interest everybody.
I followed the procedure from Rme website and updated the firmware connecting the Babyface to a mac. And it is working just fine on the Mac.
However, it still not work on windows.
I can try to reinstall everything again, but it is a fresh windows copy, no more than two days old, so I don.t think it will fix the issue.

I shared the video with my gf, and she said I am doing just what the video shows, but she cannot see any cc or pc indication... Can someone explain like We were 5 years old kids, how is this information displayed? Are they leters on the babyface screen, or just a light flashing, or what?
Thanks again and excuse me, I don.t know what else to try and am not able to work at all, so I am kinda desperate haha...

The LED's form letters shortly after connecting the USB cable; CC an PC

CC:
https://i.imgur.com/oRlFwAC.jpg
PC:
https://i.imgur.com/Mn2RMv9.jpg

Regards,
Audio AG Support

If there is no such indication, the unit is in native driver mode. 'PC' is not shown except while switching to this mode having pressed the two buttons.

Hey, thanks a lot.
After upgrading the firmware on a mac, windows recognizes the unit. I switched to pc mode, and it works as a standart audio device, however...
Asio devices donot show anywhere.
I installed Reaper, but no asio device is found.
Totalmix works, and fireface, is there an option to activate or deactivate asio devices somewhere? what can i try?
thanks for your time smile

Reinstalling the driver works most of the time if asio is missing.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

alanjdv wrote:

Hey, thanks a lot.
After upgrading the firmware on a mac, windows recognizes the unit. I switched to pc mode, and it works as a standart audio device, however...
Asio devices donot show anywhere.
I installed Reaper, but no asio device is found.
Totalmix works, and fireface, is there an option to activate or deactivate asio devices somewhere? what can i try?
thanks for your time smile

Reboot your computer once, maybe that helps (hopefully).

Just for the record, finally it is solved.
Step by step, in case could be useful for someone:
1. I updated the BABYFACE Pro Fs firmware from another laptop, a mac.
2. Everything failed, so I installed a fresh windows 11 copy.
3. Now the device is recognized, and set in pc mode, but asio virtual devices are gone.
4. Reinstalling the latest drivers, hirst unplug it till the installation has been completed.

And that's all. Thanks one more time for your help and tips. Great job!