Topic: DIGICheck Mac Alpha version available

Hello,

we now have an official alpha version of DIGICheck for Intel Macs. The latest version of today adds Spectral Analyser, Vector Audio Scope, Totalyser and Surround Meter!

The vector display uses a different technology to draw the lines than under Windows, making the display much faster, less CPU consuming and freely scalable. Remember this is an alpha version, we had it crash one time, not reproducible, maybe caused by this new technique or not...we don't know yet. Else: have fun checking it out!

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc081231.zip

Note: support for the HDSP (PCI) line is not yet found in this version, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: DIGICheck Mac Alpha version available

WOOOOWWWWW!!!!

Thank you very much, Matthias, and happy new year!

Ciao,
Marco

Thank you!:-)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

4 (edited by mattrixx 2009-01-02 05:24:20)

Awesome Matthias. This is great.
Would still love to be able to get all the functions working in 'Playback' mode (ie Spec Analyser etc... I have the level meters all working and can get the signal if I use the loopback in Fireface Mixer), but I am sure you are already working something out for that in the future.
Cheers,
matt

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

5 (edited by Warrick 2009-01-02 05:24:38)

mattrixx wrote:

Awesome Matthias. This is great.
Would still love to be able to get all the functions working in 'Playback' mode, but I am sure you are already working something out for that in the future.
Cheers,
matt

Totally agree, thank you and would like playback mode happening. A quick work around for now though is to control click the outputs in Totalmix (turns them red), this operates TotalMix in feedback mode, then you should have playback mode.

I just noticed that it is the same for the PC version at the moment anyway, but I hadn't noticed as I am feeding the inputs via light pipe from my ff800 to the Multiface (in the PC). The loopback method is fine, but I need to be a bit careful when it comes to opening up inputs in the various audio apps I use ;-)

----------------
----------------

BTW Matthias, the vector scope looks brilliant!!!

----------------
----------------

+1 for playback mode!

Thanks to the whole RME Team for keeping up the excellent work.
Again a big thank you to Matthias for releasing the alpha version
to the public, even if it is not finished with record mode etc,
it is already pretty useful for me and working very good.

Mac Pro Early 2008 2,8 Octo 10 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4, FF 400 (v3.08 / 1.71)

9 (edited by Timur 2009-01-03 10:31:18)

Oops, nearly missed this. Thanks for publishing DC just when I went Mac! wink

Now why can I only run inputs on this? is there a workaround to monitor outputs as well? without routing an output to an input of course:-)

Yes, ctrl click the little buttons at the bottom left of total mix. They should turn red.

mattrixx wrote:

BTW Matthias, the vector scope looks brilliant!!!

Can you post a screenshot on how it looks like?

Warrick wrote:

Yes, ctrl click the little buttons at the bottom left of total mix. They should turn red.

Hum??

MacPro 8core|Cubase6|Protools9|Logic8|Wavelab7|2xUAD-2|Apogee Rosetta200|Fireface800|2xMCMix

For me the Spec Analyser doesn't work good...
It's random, like some Christmas Tree..

MacPro 8core|Cubase6|Protools9|Logic8|Wavelab7|2xUAD-2|Apogee Rosetta200|Fireface800|2xMCMix

Really happy for this.....but I can't get any signal thru digicheck......! I'm selecting spdif from the drop down menu (I'm not using an analog connection to my monitors) but I still get no signal when I run my daw!.....any advice ?

Thanks In Advance

Y

yannis wrote:

Really happy for this.....but I can't get any signal thru digicheck......! I'm selecting spdif from the drop down menu (I'm not using an analog connection to my monitors) but I still get no signal when I run my daw!.....any advice ?

Thanks In Advance

Y

This is a bit vague, can everyone please post their driver version and be as specific as possible. RME have been kind enough to give us an ALPHA version of this software and need usable feedback to make it better faster.

Yanis, what signal through digicheck? An input, output, playback?
"Selecting SPDIF from the dropdown menu" Which drop down menu? If your referring to "Input Select" in the digicheck "Input Device Setup", what does that have to do with using a digital connection to your monitors?

Please also be aware that Spectrum Analyzer functionality is limited to using Totalmix in LOOPBACK MODE at this stage, refer to the Totalmix user manual to learn how to use this.

Sonik30 wrote:
Warrick wrote:

Hum??

Look at your Totalmix manual and find "loopback mode".

Some of Digicheck's functionality does not work with standard playback at this stage.

Sonik30 wrote:

For me the Spec Analyser doesn't work good...
It's random, like some Christmas Tree..

You need to be much more specific, driver version, hardware and firmware etc.

Or don't use the Alpha, wait for the release version.

19 (edited by yannis 2009-01-06 20:46:05)

Warrick wrote:
yannis wrote:

Thanks In Advance

Y

This is a bit vague, can everyone please post their driver version and be as specific as possible. RME have been kind enough to give us an ALPHA version of this software and need usable feedback to make it better faster.

Yanis, what signal through digicheck? An input, output, playback?
"Selecting SPDIF from the dropdown menu" Which drop down menu? If your referring to "Input Select" in the digicheck "Input Device Setup", what does that have to do with using a digital connection to your monitors?

Please also be aware that Spectrum Analyzer functionality is limited to using Totalmix in LOOPBACK MODE at this stage, refer to the Totalmix user manual to learn how to use this.

Hi my fault ..... my driver version is 2.61 and my firmware on my ff800 is 2.47
I'm going to Digichek`s   Options-Input Device Setup , and the only thing that I can change in there is the channel selection ....and from the dropdown menu (having Analog 1 thru 10 , SPDIF L and SPDIF R) I choose SPDIF L and SPDIF R. 

The only reason that I mentioned that I connect my monitors digital is that maybe.....maybe it behaves  kind of strange when I have the SPDIF output connected, just like the ADAT2 output is set to SPDIF format when I have my monitors connected via SPDIF.....and its no longer an ADAT ! it is controlled by the SPDIF volume also on my fireface mixer! I thought that maybe if the port is connected for some reason you can`t  set your input from Digicheck to SPDIF.....I hope I was clear enough ! It was just something that crossed my mind......! The thing is that when I have my DAW running and I try ti open Digicheck to see the totalyzer or the Spectral analyzer I don`t have any activity on Digicheck!!! Not even with itunes......Am I doing something wrong??

(I`m using Cubase4  (version 4.1.2.851) Mac OSX 10.5.6  and feeding from my FF800 a pair of Genelec 8240A thru SPDIF)

Once again thanks in advance for any help

20 (edited by Warrick 2009-01-07 00:21:14)

thanks Yanis.
There seems to be limited ability to use playback through digicheck at this stage. As it's an alpha release, I would suspect that playback functionality will be available soon. I'm under the impression that digicheck is limited to use on the inputs only (plug in a mic) at the moment. However, if you understand the loopback mode of totalmix, you can get the scopes working for playback. Have a look at the manual in totalmix, it explains loopback mode (and it's dangers!).

Playback mode will not come within the next months. This is a special function provided by the ASIO drivers in Windows. CoreAudio is totally different, so adding this feature is complicated. But it will be done later.

Unfortunately the support for the old HDSP (PCI) line that I promised to add soon has been a misunderstanding. It is not easy to add that support because DC is based on a totally different driver (the one for the current HDSPe series).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you!!
This is a great news for us, intel-mac professionals!!
Keep doing this great job on digicheck!!

just a Q
will the Mac OS X version of DC
include the Bit Statistic & Noise /Channel Status Display later on ?

and a big thanks for this in the Mac land :-)

regards S-EH

We hope to do so later. Once again it is not so easy as the current Windows method to send these information is not usable under OS X.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the info Matthias

regards S-EH

so if i get it right, the PCIe versions should be working with this alpha of DC?

thanks

max

maxkickinger wrote:

so if i get it right, the PCIe versions should be working with this alpha of DC?

thanks

max

Unfortunately DC 1.007 Alpha doesn't see my HDSPe ExpressCard right now. I guess it won't see PCIe either but I'm not sure about that. (The only selection I get is "Fireface")

MC, I am getting you right that there will be HDSPe (ExpressCard/PCIe) support sometime soon? That would be totally great! I love DC and for me it's one of the few reasons to run windows on my mac at all.

MC wrote:

Unfortunately the support for the old HDSP (PCI) line that I promised to add soon has been a misunderstanding. It is not easy to add that support because DC is based on a totally different driver (the one for the current HDSPe series). While we want to add that support it will not come quickly, sorry.

Thanks.

Looking forward the HDSP PCI support, fingers crossed.

FelixTC wrote:

Unfortunately DC 1.007 Alpha doesn't see my HDSPe ExpressCard right now.

That works over here with a Multiface. What is your driver version and firmware version?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC, that means that I technically should be able to enjoy DC already, that's great news! I will check for driver and firmware versions and report here later. I admit that I might not be 100% up to date and will update if required.

Another problem could be that I have one of the first few ExpressCards said to be faulty regarding the serial number. I haven't sent it in for repair because I didn't  encounter any problems so far. Maybe this is the reason for DC not working with my card?

newest driver here, HDSPe Multiface I, MAC OS X 10.5.5, MacPro 8Core, doesn't seem to work. DC does not see the multiface, am I doing something wrong. DC is in the same folder as the HDSP and the Totalmix.

best

max

Woo Hooo.... my PC has been put to bed. I no longer need it for anything now that we have DC for Mac. Thanks Matthias

----------------
----------------

33 (edited by Adi Madison 2009-01-13 03:10:55)

XLR wrote:

Everything here is crossed, even my eyes and my ears. :roll
I?ve been waiting this DC for mac now about 10 years. My current set is G5 + HDSP MADI PCI + ADI converters and i would really like to see this app in my system.

G5 2,5DP l HDSP MADI l ADI-648x2 l ADI 8 DD l Nuendo 4 l  UAD-1 l PowerCoreFW

We are investigating. Of course DC should work with all our current cards.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Adi Madison wrote:
XLR wrote:

Everything here is crossed, even my eyes and my ears. :roll
I?ve been waiting this DC for mac now about 10 years. My current set is G5 + HDSP MADI PCI + ADI converters and i would really like to see this app in my system.

as far as I know there will be no DC for PPC.

FelixTC wrote:

Thanks MC, that means that I technically should be able to enjoy DC already, that's great news! I will check for driver and firmware versions and report here later. I admit that I might not be 100% up to date and will update if required.

I am up to date now (driver 1.73, fw rev 17/ExprCard), but still DC refuses to offer me my multiface I as a selection within the "Input Device Setup". I've been waiting for DC on mac for only 3 years but just can't wait to have it running...

I wonder why the only selection I get is "Fireface 400". I used to run a fireface 400 on this system and thought I erased all ff400 driver data. Is it possible that there are any ff400 components left that "block" DC from seeing the multiface? Probably that's not an issue, just a thought - you never know...

Thanks RME still, I'm sure DC will happen sometime for me.

The correct driver is v 2.66.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Great! I installed driver v2.66 and DC works now!

I was using the other driver v1.73 because I thought that was the right driver for my system. It's the only one that mentions the ExpressCard:
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj92/feherzog/Bild2.png

A bit confusing but now I know better! DC on my mac - what a memorable day...:-)

Thanks,

Felix

andiabwaerts wrote:
XLR wrote:

as far as I know there will be no DC for PPC.

As far as i know my HDSP runs on Intel quad core, not PPC.

I changed the download page. Should be more clear now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hi!
is there a PPC version to be realesed ?

thanks

42 (edited by Cutter 2009-01-23 03:34:30)

I just installed it and here's whats happening. I'm running OSX 10.5.6 with a FF800 with the latest drivers. The FF800 is connected via FW800 and is running at 48k. I have 2 ADI-8 connected to the FF800 via ADAT. Both the ADI8 are in clock input mode. When I start DC, it un-syncs both the ADI8, and I have to power cycle the FF800 to get them to re-sync. It also changes my in level from hi gain to -4dbu. On the total mix, ins 18 through 28 show noise. Thats all the info I have for now. Thanks!

Cutter wrote:

When I start DC, it un-syncs both the ADI8,

Sounds like you have DC configured to set a (different) sample rate.

Cutter wrote:

It also changes my in level from hi gain to -4dbu.

I can't believe that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, please be gentle with me smile

Its been a while since i've used digicheck (since i moved to Logic to be exact) and im a little rusty. I used to run it in playback mode i guess, i don't even remember setting anything in the inputs - id just solo a kick drum for instance and use the graphs to EQ... I am getting no movement in any functions, even when i run something through the inputs (say my old E6400 through 7-8). Could anyone please give me a newbie guide on how to get playback working? i've read the loopback section of the manual, ctrl clicked the boxed and still nothing... I'm using a Fireface 400 with the latest drivers... Many thanks for the Alpha though!

Rorschach wrote:

Hi, please be gentle with me smile

Its been a while since i've used digicheck (since i moved to Logic to be exact) and im a little rusty. I used to run it in playback mode i guess, i don't even remember setting anything in the inputs - id just solo a kick drum for instance and use the graphs to EQ... I am getting no movement in any functions, even when i run something through the inputs (say my old E6400 through 7-8). Could anyone please give me a newbie guide on how to get playback working? i've read the loopback section of the manual, ctrl clicked the boxed and still nothing... I'm using a Fireface 400 with the latest drivers... Many thanks for the Alpha though!

Hello!
I have the same problem. Is there a manual available, so we don't have to get on your nerves?
As DC only offer "input in my settings menue i tried to feed a selected input with a signal. Still no activity on DC.
Something easy is going wrong i guess.
PLEASE HELP

Regards,
Cem

46 (edited by Sagi.s 2009-09-17 17:36:33)

Hi :-O

the link is

Error 404 - Not found

Die angegebene Seite konnte nicht gefunden werden.

Any Way thanks for the update , DigiCheck is One of my "Essential" Tools

Mac Studio M2 Ultra  / 14.4.1 / FF400 FF800 ADI-2 DAC FS / Ableton Live 12

Sagi.s wrote:

Hi :-O

the link is

Error 404 - Not found

Die angegebene Seite konnte nicht gefunden werden.

Any Way thanks for the update , DigiCheck is One of my "Essential" Tools

Haha, the link is great wink

Oops This post is from 2008,i thought it's a new Version of DigiCheck HeadScratch

Mac Studio M2 Ultra  / 14.4.1 / FF400 FF800 ADI-2 DAC FS / Ableton Live 12