Topic: RME AI4S-192 AIO 4-ch Analog Input Exp for HDSP 9632

Hei all,

Would there be any problems to use this 'RME AI4S-192 AIO 4-ch Analog Input Exp for HDSP 9632' alongside my hdsp9632 with linux and alsa?
I'm thinking of buying one.

Cheers,
Olav

Re: RME AI4S-192 AIO 4-ch Analog Input Exp for HDSP 9632

Hi,

For what it's worth, I have been using the AO4S-192 output module with my HDSP9632 without any problem with alsa. I wouldn't expect any problems with the AI4S. Both should be supported, but I have no experience with the AI4S.

Cheers
Maarten

Ok, I suppose it should work all right then. Those extensions are more or less similar, are they not? Though, with opposite features.
Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,
Olav

Hi,
Interested to see you are thinking of trying a AI4S-192 AIO with your HDSP 9632, and I'm wondering how you got on.
I have a HDSP9632, working fine in a Linux, 64Studio system, with an AMD 64 bit motherboard. I recently tried to add an AI4S-192 AIO extension board, but
have run up against a problem with the hdspmixer, which works without the extension board, but the moment I plug in the extension hdspmixer crashes, with
the segfault message.
I have tried the latest version of ALSA, but hdspmixer crashes every time.
I can configure JACK with 16 inputs, and 12 outputs to run correctly, and can then run Ardour.
I can plug a line level source into each of the 4 extension board inputs in turn, and can see the input on an Ardour mixer strip, but of course I can hear nothing without hdspmixer.

Anyone have any ideas - is hdspmixer not able to operate with non-matching inputs and outputs?

Cheers

Anthony