51 (edited by fl 2009-08-31 19:51:56)

Re: DIGICheck update on its way

fl wrote:
paviglianiti wrote:

Hi fl,

try deleting the Digicheck.pkg file, if there's one, in Hd>Library>Receipts folder and re-run the installer.
To install Digicheck you don't need to have yr FF connected or switched on.
Hope it helps.

I have looked in my HD/Library/Receipts folder and there is no file named Digicheck.pkg.

..., but there WAS one named "RME DigiCheck 0.52 Setup.pkg", and removing THAT did the trick.

Frank Lockwood
https://LockwoodARS.com
Fireface 800, Firmware 2.77
Drivers: Win10, 3.125; Mac, 3.36

Yeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Just read your post.
That's what I meant, sorry I didn't suggest you the precise name of the file, but you walked the right path anyway.
Glad you solved the problem.

Regards
Davide

On MBP 2.4 gHz Core2Duo (late 2007): Digicheck 0.6 Totalyser in Activity Monitor is using 29-37% CPU (both cores used according to the graph); framerate is steady at 57.4 fps.

Still high for my tastes but much better than the 94% I was getting before.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

54 (edited by Timur 2009-09-13 07:31:57)

An option to run framerate at VSync would be nice and useful (usually 60 Hz). Especially because that would also sync to sample-rate.

44100/48000/88200/96000 are all dividable by 100/75/60/50/30/25/15/12.5/7.5/6.25/3.75.

Another benefit would be saving CPU load. I prefer synced 30 fps at lower CPU load to unsynced 57.4 fps at higher CPU load.

After testing digicheck for a while i have to report that sometimes both level meters and sometimes
only left or right channel go at full peak/ level and stay there after start. This does not happen all
the time and i have not found a way to reproduce the scenario.

greets urknall

Mac Pro Early 2008 2,8 Octo 10 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4, FF 400 (v3.08 / 1.71)

When this happens start the Bit Stat and measure if any DC level is present.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

57 (edited by urknall 2009-09-26 16:55:05)

Hi matthias:

[img align=C]http://www.popgemeinschaft.de/images/dc.jpg[/img]

another start:

[img align=C]http://www.popgemeinschaft.de/images/dc2.jpg[/img]

Hmmmmmm......

Gr??e

Hi,

Yes confirmed here as well, if starting DigiCheck 0.6
with Totalyser at first start up, but will disappear after
a couple of minutes like some resets of level meter !

MBP (early 2008) 10.6.1, K64, FF800 (v2.63 / 2.70)

regards S-EH

Please download and try this version:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc … eltest.zip

We were not able to reproduce the error, but improved the initialisation of the corresponding routines, so maybe it is fixed now. Thanks.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,

Yes the dc_mac_leveltest works fine with Totalyser
no more full scale peaks on my MBP :-)
I did a compare with both versions !
thanks for fixing this MC/RME

regards S-EH

Hi, same also here.

Working fine!!!

Thank you very much for fixing.

Greetings Urknall

To keep this thread alive, and I know MC will beat his head against the wall for that, but I have to ask anyway:
what is the timeframe for writing/testing/releasing OSX drivers that will support HW level monitoring for Playback/Output channels? Are we talking days, weeks, months, years? :-)
I was kinda used to that feature on Windows and am missing it on OSX. Can it be worked around maybe by using internal loopback? How do I turn it on on OSX?
Cheers!

peterp wrote:

Can it be worked around maybe by using internal loopback? How do I turn it on on OSX?
Cheers!

Yes, CTRL + click on the output channel tags, they will turn pink (magenta?) to show that loopback is active.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff, got that, thanks and have a great day :-)

peterp wrote:

To keep this thread alive, and I know MC will beat his head against the wall for that, but I have to ask anyway:
what is the timeframe for writing/testing/releasing OSX drivers that will support HW level monitoring for Playback/Output channels?

This feature has been there ever since (banging against the wall...).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the response Matthias! I was thinking about Totalyser on OSX - I can only select CoreAudio - Input combination (and I need HW level - Playback combination). If I read the posts above correctly, there are routines in Windows drivers, that need to be added to OSX ones so that HW level playback/output for functions other than meters is available. Is my understanding correct? If so, what's the time frame for releasing those?

Another banging...HARDWARE LEVEL is there. What you need is Core Audio.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC, please stop with the banging! fryingpan
What is not clear to me then is why, when I go to Audio Device Select while running Totalyser, I can only select Input/CoreAudio (Output/Playback are not there at all and HW level is greyed out). Guess I've missed some obvious bit HeadScratch Can someone kick/point me in the right direction?

peterp wrote:

...when I go to Audio Device Select while running Totalyser, I can only select Input/CoreAudio (Output/Playback are not there at all and HW level is greyed out).

Afaik there is no hardware level function in totalyser cause of additional calculations not available in hardware...?
For the playback function you should use CoreAudio me think.

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

Zapp,
I am coming from this MC's post:

MC wrote:
Timur wrote:

Do I understand right that DC on Mac can only measure playback/output for level meters because CoreAudio doesn't allow to chose playback/output?

DC on Mac can only display Hardware output levels. The Windows function that allows for displaying software outputs is a special driver feature not available under Mac. Therefore this feature needs more work to be added, a totally different solution, means later.

When in any '-bar' meter function in DC, I can select any HW level + Input/Playback/Output. However when in Totalyser (or any other non-bar function), HW level is greyed out and the only thing I can select is CoreAudio + Input. Per MC's post from above, the work on adding this is in progress. Can someone confirm (or clarify)?
Thanks.

Zapp is correct and you used the wrong words from the beginning. Further up you were not talking about the Totalyser. You just requested Hardware Level to read playback. That is available. But for obvious reasons not in the Vector and Spectral function. So you have to wait for Core Audio playback, NOT Hardware level. Exactly as I wrote all the time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME