1 (edited by panatrope 2009-10-12 05:41:06)

Topic: Levels in TotalMix and Digicheck

I recall seeing a recent post which seemed to imply that there may be some error in displayed levels if Digicheck and Totalmix were in use simultaneously.  Despite a search through the forum, I cannot find this reference.   (It may have applied only to the Mac version of Digicheck.)

Perhaps the original poster could confirm this, or more probably, correct my aberrant memory.

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

Re: Levels in TotalMix and Digicheck

DIGICheck Online help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah!!! So that was where I saw it!  Sorry for the confusion.

A couple of thoughts:

It would be useful to be able to print the on-line help to a text based file (I have printed it to OneNote but it is an image, not text).  This means it can be indexed/searched along with the rest of our artificially-assisted knowledge base.  It means we can also study it when we don't have the computer on (yes there are some of us are not screen-engaged 24/7) - and we can do all sorts of memory enhancing things like manually highlighting/underlining personally important bits of information like this.

Secondly, in terms of the TotalMix/Digicheck level accuracy, consider the situation where I have two cards in the system - let us say a MADI card and an AIO card.  If TotalMix is displaying only the MADI card (and not for the AIO), does this mean I can use DigiCheck to monitor, say, hardware outputs of the AIO without impacting the accuracy of level display?

MC wrote:

DIGICheck Online help.

Sorry for the silly question:
Where can I find the so called "Online Help"?
Is it the simple helpfile which pops up when I press F1?

Yes, checking a different card does not influence the hardware level readout.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

As an afterthought - running two instances of Digicheck (say Vectorscope and Multichannel level meter) on the same card doesn't produce the same issues as running Digicheck and TotalMix simultaneously?

Correct. The data is read only once from ONE instance running two (three and up) functions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME