Topic: [vista sp1]: servere problems with asio playback of an MF II

I am having severe problems with the asio driver of my multiface II under vista sp1.
If I adjust the output-volume in hdspmix and playing back a sample in Samplitude at the same time I get strange artifacts. Samplitude tells im that ASIO-buffers were lost - and it really sounds like that.
I cannot use the digicheck-recorder anymore to record the sound of some software. I get these artifacts the whole time. It sounds like the multiface is in use (which it is) but the output sound is distorted.
I can't playback samples at 96 kHz. Before I reinstalled the driver I couldn't even playback samples at 48 kHz.

After I reinstalled the driver the first reboot or so, the problem is solved (more or less). But after next reboot, the problem is back.

Under Win XP those kind of things weren't really a problem. And the amount of clicks in general were much less.

I am using driver 3.082. The latest fireface driver is also installed on the system. Traces of a TASCAM US-122, MOTU Traveller, Mackie Onyx might be on this system as well as a Behringer UCF2000 and a Behringer UCA202.

I am using a Samsung p560 laptop. It features a GeForce 9600M GS graphics card.

Hope you can help me.
Best,
Salad

Re: [vista sp1]: servere problems with asio playback of an MF II

the bcf2000 was causing the problem. when i changed from the bcf-usb-midi-port to multiface-midi there was no distortion in the audio during asio-playback.

best,
salad

Re: [vista sp1]: servere problems with asio playback of an MF II

Make salad, not war! (Clever&Smart)