Topic: [ HDSPe aio ] I can hear my computer working in my headphones/monitors

Hello,

config : gigabyte x-58 ud4- core i7 920- 3 disk : western digital black et green l. box : Antec p182.

i've seen this Link :

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4524 :

"i can hear all sorts of things. the most notable is dragging windows around or when web pages load. I can also hear transferring files.  The variation on timbre per click is kind of interesting. Copying files will produce a higher pitched tone than loading a web page, for example. Dragging scrollbars will produce more of a staticy sound than a click"

i know you answer :

"Such noise is indeed often caused by the motherboard's design, the used power supply or even the case (because it is part of the grounding scheme inside).

The design of our cards has been optimized to not be sensitive for this, but nobody can guarantee fully noise-free operation, sorry. You will just have to try how it works.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME"

i've made lot of tests : i can't find where it come from

question 1 => can you give me some links that explain a method  how to isolate and solve the problem ?

question 2 do you think bying  Analog breakout cable, balanced (BO9632XLRMKH) can solve the problem

thanks a lot

Re: [ HDSPe aio ] I can hear my computer working in my headphones/monitors

Here's another similar thread... apparently this seems to be a common ocurrence (?)

Fireface 800 analogue outputs humming and buzzing

no, this is a completely different matter...

external boxes like the FFs may suffer from ground loops which are usually easy to find and work around.

the "i can hear my mouse movements" problem of internal cards can be a real PITA caused by motherboard/computer hardware design and it is usually not easy to fix, to my knowledge...

DC rules!

it's OK now !

in the bios :

CPU enhanced alt(c1e) => disable
CPU EIST fucntion => disable
Virtualization technolgy => disable
cpu thermal monitor 2 : disable

wink

Interesting info! Do you have to disable all these functions? What happens if you just enable one of them?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

i'm testing and i will post the result. i have just received a new (analog) synth and i have the same problem when i record it, excepted the noise is recorded.
when i disconnect the synth, the noise is stopped. if i turn off the synth without disconnect it, the noise is here. i have to bigin new tests. i receive the balanced cable those days

thanks if you can help

CPU enhanced alt(c1e)
and the next one c1/c2/c7 economic processor energy option
disable solve the first problem

for the second one, i have tried with and without ground, it is the same.
i will see again in the gigabyte forum. when i play with the rme option input level : that do a big difference between lowgain ( 86 db) and -10 dbv (70db)

8 (edited by Aleks 2009-12-05 09:44:35)

the computer is not in the same room of the keyboard and the screen
by reducind the audio input cable from 6 to 1 meter , it 's ok.

9 (edited by jipasana 2010-02-06 18:19:56)

Hello,

I can confirm noises using HDSPe AIO sound card together with ASUS WS Revolution motherboard.

I spent two days for checking BIOS settings and, in my case, the following parameters should be set to disabled:
1. C1E Support;
2. Intel(R) C-STATE tech.

Doing this solves the problem.

Regards,
.:Jipasana:.