Topic: HDSPe AIO problem

Every time I try to open anything dealing with the sound(control panel sound properties[all/any of them], DSP mixer, DSP settings, etc.) my computer freezes completely and I have to force shutdown every time this happens.

I have updated the Firmware to Revision 10 and the driver to 3.082 and this problem seems like it got worse. Before I installed the new driver it froze on the firmware update tool 3 times before it actually updated and it didn't lock up when i tried to bring up the sound properties from control panel.

I am running Windows 7 Professional x64, AMD Athlon Phenom II X4 910 Processor, 2600Mhz, Quad-Core and wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem and/or may know something to fix it.

Thanks,

Cliff

Re: HDSPe AIO problem

Cliff, did you try to install the firmware and the driver separately yet

Is your system overclocked?

Is your system memory checking out ok?

Just some thoughts as I have had troubles with this card as well (blue screen of death; headphone out vanishing)

Vin

3 (edited by Xg 2010-02-05 20:59:15)

Vin,

I haven't messed with the jumpers for overclocking because I am not familiar with this. As far as I know the clock speed is set to the factory default.

As far as RAM goes, with 8.00Gb shared through 4 logical processes, there's no reason that I know of yet for it to use up that much. Perhaps it's a problem with my graphics card(?), the card is an ATI Radeon HD 4350 which is running an HDMI cable to produce sound temporarily.  I've read that other people are having conflicts with the graphics card maybe there's a connection there?

Now for the install notes, when I first put the card into the computer the autorun never came up, so i installed it manually through Device Manager. First, I updated the Firmware(which froze 3 times before it completed without locking up) and then manually installed the drivers through Device Manager as well, had no problems at all with installation.  I will try doing these separately like you recommended. Will post results later.

Thanks,

Cliff

4 (edited by Xg 2010-02-18 08:01:56)

After trying all logical ways to deal with this card, I found myself on the phone with RME Support trying to figure out what the problem is with this card locking up my computer.

While trying to do what the representative of Synthax (RME Support) asked me to do just ended in totally locked up computer(had to restore to get it to unlock from startup). The guy also told me that there has been NO ONE ELSE who has had this problem(imagine that).

If ANYONE is having a problem with the HDSPe AIO card freezing your computer, best bet is to call the RME support.

Will post diagnostics results when I have them from support.

Cliff

5 (edited by Xg 2010-02-18 07:46:49)

The test results are in.

To anyone that has had this problem or anything similiar to it.  Contact RME support and send it to them in the mail.  The card that I bought has somehow had the Internal Serial # deleted.  This is the cause for the problem as stated by Synthax.  United States does not handle this problem and the card must be sent to the HQ office in Germany.  Synthax has agreed to send me a brand new card for this problem.

Note:  The card that was purchased came from eBay seller "rene9902" who is located in The Netherlands, beware.

My God!

Is everything straight now?

Hi,

I don't recall any phone conversation on the subject, and the only thing I suggested by mail was to test the card in another slot. We have indeed had some cases of disappearing serial numbers, but these don't usually cause such lockups.
BTW, manually force-installing a card that is not detected as new hadware is asking for trouble... This usually leads to BSODs.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

8 (edited by Xg 2010-02-18 07:36:49)

First off I would like to say this is the most problematic sound card I have ever owned.

After having a mix up in shipping and receiving a 9632 instead of the AIO, I now have the new AIO in my possession.

After installing the card into the PCIe slot(after finding the 1 working slot that started the autorun) the card finally installed automatically.

I ran everything according to the manual and have ran into the same problem I've had before, FUT keeps locking up my computer.  The 1st try was the best, erasing all the sectors and making it to 98% in the programming before locking up.  Every single try merits another wasted update and a forced shutdown. 

Another symptom is that settings and mixer, once allowed to run after microsofts security pops up, has/will and still does freeze the computer up.  This was the same symptom I had with the other card, how is this still present?  There must be a conflict elsewhere.

I have never had a BSOD or forced the install, just a completely locked up computer with no mouse movement.

Until the mystery of the locking FUT is solved, I will be using my M-Audio Delta 1010LT and my backup computer as I have had abosultely no issues or problems with it, period.

To the RME Support guy, Daniel Fuchs, I called Synthax(USA, Ohio office) and talked to Jeff. He said that he's never heard of this problem either.  Still yet my problem persists.  If there's any solution to this, I'm all ears.