Topic: Multiface 1+Curdbus & PCI to PCMCIA adapter

Hello,
I have an idea to use my Multiface+PCMCIA cardbus with my PC. Is it possible to use PCI to PCMCIA adapter? I use Windows 7 and asus motherboard. Will it work?

(However, I have Nuendo Audiolink+Nuendo cardbus).

I will be thankful for answers smile

Alexander

Re: Multiface 1+Curdbus & PCI to PCMCIA adapter

I haven't done a ton of thorough testing, but I'm trying my PCMCIA Cardbus HDSP card in this Cardbus -to- PCI adaptor I found on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068 … ss_product

It was like $23, and seems to work, but again, I haven't tested it thoroughly as of yet (this is basically a backup in case one of my PCI HDSP cards dies).  I can try to do some quick tests on it at 32 and 64 samples tonight if I find time (don't get home until midnight or later sad )

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

I'm running a Multiface I and PCMCIA Cardbus via an Ricoh chipset Cardbus Adapter (don't know exactly which)
in my PC(Asus Mainboard) since years without a problem.
here's the device manager entry:
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7616/unbenannt1o.gif
have a look for those - recommended

Many thanks!

I tested the model I listed above - and while it works, it does seem to limit the lowest buffers more than a straight HDSP PCI card would allow (pops and crackles happen at lower CPU utilizations with the PCMCIA bridge in place).  Mine uses a Ricoh R5C485 FWIW...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Hi again, Ricoh chipset Cardbus Adapter (Ricoh R/RL/RT/RC/5C475(II), R5C520) works really well.

It works with nuendo cardbus+multiface and asus motherboard under win7 32bit. It needed to shotdown pc and update windows drivers before it installed driver correctly.

Then I installed rme and started flash update. Yes, it finished and worked sucessful! After I shotdown pc and switched off rme card (30 sec) it reinstalled driver and now works really cool now:)

Thanks for advises and good luck!

7 (edited by elvis 2010-06-27 11:00:17)

Hi,

I tested two PCMCIA to PCI adpaters:
1. Logilink with Ricoh R5C485 Chipset: the system hungs up immediately.
2. Assmann Digitus Cardbus to PCI Add-On Card. (DS-33103) with Texas Instruments TI PCI 4512 Chipset: works fine; same latency like PCI-card.

regards