Topic: Multiface1 + Hdspe-Card: Input Level Max = -40db

hi there,

after my problem with the multiface not being recognized by my computer (caused by a broken power adapter) i am still not able to get it working again...i bought a new power adapter and the multiface is correctly recognized as multiface, but when i try to record in logic all input channels have a maximum peak of -40db (in logic and in the rme mixer)...there is also no sound on the headphones output of the multiface (the rme mixer also shows a signal with a max of ca. -40db)...anyone had this?...
thanks for your input!

Re: Multiface1 + Hdspe-Card: Input Level Max = -40db

That sounds like either the power supply does not supply enough power, or the MF is broken inside.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The obvious can't be overlooked (even if it is an elementary Recording concept) - You aren't trying to plug a MIC level signal into the Multiface's LINE level inputs, are you?  I doubt it, but this sounds like it could be a possibility with the levels you cited above.  Will your Media Player application play MP3's and/or Wave files at regular levels?

I'm sure I'm underestimating your knowledge - but all bases need to be covered :-)

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

...thanks for your replies!...i will check out another power supply since it's not a "wrong" line-in signal...hope that i can bring it back to life...otherwise...mhhh...the fireface uc looks nice....ha...