Topic: HDSP 9652 - Win XP 64 Audio Artifacts

I have just installed a brand new HDSP 9652 into a Win XP 64 and downloaded and installed the latest drivers. All went well there. I get output from the card.

The problem is though that I have audio artifacts in the audio, which sound like little grinding blips (in the left channel, preceded by a short click on both channels) that repeat in frequent intervals as long as audio is being produced through the card.

I have tried using different audio application, just to rule out that any one of them may have an issue. Makes no difference.

Where do I start troubleshooting the issue?

Thanks,

JB

Re: HDSP 9652 - Win XP 64 Audio Artifacts

More details, please... What kind of external converter is used? Is eveything synced up correctly? Etc.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Daniel, I am going out of the 9652 into a MOTU 2408 and I am monitoring the audio through its headphone outputs to limit other components. The MOTU 2408 itself seems to be operating normally.

Everything is synced to a single wordclock coming from a Lucid WC generator. I don't get the typical audio drop-outs associated with a mismatch in sync signals.

JB

Any suggestions what to check on?

Thanks,

JB

Check the HDSP Settings app, do you see SYNC for both the Word Clock and ADAT inputs? Also, run DPC Latency Checker to test for any motherboard/driver issues.

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Just for your info: Running fine on XP64 here (also the latest .83 driver)
AD/DA, Tascam FW1804 over adat HDSP is slave.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

After trying a few more things, it looks like the problem went away. Not exactly sure what caused it in the first place and what finally made it disappear. At the moment everything is running smooth. The most notable change came after rebooting all systems, including the one the HDSP 9652 is in.