Topic: ADI-8 Pro - Save Settings?

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a couple of old ADI-8 Pro's (one of them beeing the original RME version and two the "Nuendo 8 I/O" labeled version which of my knowledge is technically the same thing). I think they are still pretty usable converters, especially since they did't cost me all that much and I only record at 44,1k at this time.

The only thing that bothers me is that the settings are not stored after power off. Each time I power on my studio I have to toggle the switches for input and output reference gain and sync settings. I also own an ADI-2 which powers on right the way it was set before power off. Now I wonder

1. if there might be something like a storage battery that needs replacement in the ADI-8 Pro's or
2. if there is some combination of buttons that need to be pushed for some time for storage
3. or if there simply is no way of storing the settings.

I couldn't find anything regarding this neither in the manual nor elsewhere on the web.

Any hints would be greatly apreciated!

Thanks
Felix

Re: ADI-8 Pro - Save Settings?

The oldest Pros simply didn't have that feature. Later versions could store the current state into an internal EPROM. But they also have a different PCB, so it can not be added.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-8 Pro - Save Settings?

Thanks, Matthias. I guess I'll keep toggling for now and save up for some newer converters.