1 (edited by doodoo52 2011-09-17 21:20:16)

Topic: upgrade adi96 softwere with w.7 64 bit

hi
i have adi 96 pro
-can i upgrade the adi dsp softwere verse with w. 7
-can i conect the cable 9-pin D-type therow the usb of the computer ?
-i know that i cant work with the Remote Control softwere and w.7
but way rme dosent do something for the adi pro to work with the Remote Control softwere and w.7.

Re: upgrade adi96 softwere with w.7 64 bit

This unit went out of production 2003. RS232 is not compatible to USB. If you find a W7 computer that has RS-232 then the software might even work - don't know, never tried.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I recently tried to install the software on a W7 64 bit system, didn't work. Did not try the 32 bit version...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I know I've updated my NAD Preamp/Processor's firmware over a USB-to-DB9 Serial adaptor under W7-64, and I also use my Dynaudio AIR Installer Software in "realtime" under W7 over the same USB-to-Serial adaptor, and also used the same adaptor with a W7-64 laptop to interface with my Sony DSP Car-Audio Unit from the 90's.  All worked flawlessly...

Might be a risky proposition with a possiblt "fatal" result, but judging by my success I'd think it would work fine with a W7-64 compatible Serial (RS232) adaptor.  Of course, YMMV...

You can also still find a few Motherboards that have native Serial Connections - but the options are thinning quickly with Sandy Bridge and this might not be an option for you.  Some Motherboards actually have a Serial Controller onboard, but require the "MoBo header to PCI Bracket" breakout connector (won't see a DB-9 connector on the main I/O panel - it would be an extra PCI bracket that plugs into the MoBo in this scenario).  Might be worth a peek...

RS232 is still VERY popular in Broadcast - We have oodles of it up here at work for the on-air automation system amung other "mission critical" things...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

5 (edited by doodoo52 2011-09-18 18:55:29)

- is there any risk for the adi 96 if i conect it for the softwere dsp therow USB-to-DB9  cable to  the usb of the computer?
- is there any ather way to upgrede the dsp softwere of the adi 96?
- is windowes xp work o k with the Remote Control softwere or not? if not wich windowes softwere is working with the Remote Control softwere of the adi 96
thenks

1. Yes.
2. Don't understand.
3. Indeed the installer does not work anymore under W7 64 (but works under W7 32). But the program itself works on both. Simply use the adipro.exe and copy it somewhere, then put a link on your desktop.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

"Indeed the installer does not work anymore under W7. But the program itself does. Simply use the exe and copy it somewhere, then put a link on your desktop "
  sorry i dont understend - can you explain me stap by stap what to do?
thank you

Hi,
As long as your USB to DB9 is a plug and play device then you should be able to use it in a Virtual PC environment.
If you are using Windows 7 Pro 32 or 64 then you can use Windows XP Mode which is a pre-configured Virtual XP Install for free.
It is very easy to setup and can be left running while using other applications as long as you have sufficient ram, i.e. more than 4 gigs.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … -windows-7

There is also free 3rd party Virtualization like Virtual Box That will work well.
http://www.virtualbox.org/

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

9 (edited by doodoo52 2011-09-19 15:56:54)

so i understand that the Remote Control softwere and the dsp upgrede softwere can work o k with windows xp if i conect the adi 96 to the computer throw the Serial cable 9-pin D-type or the usb of the computer if i will open the virtual xp throw window 7 every thing will work fine and i can work with the Remote Control softwere of the adi and upgrede the adi dsp throw the virtual w.xp of my w.7 ?
am i wrigt or wrong?

Hi,
I Have not tried the ADI 96 Pro software specificity. I have used older software and hardware this way.
USB, Serial and parallel port devices are supported in a virtual OS.
I have never tried doing an upgrade of the ADI 96 Pro this way.
RME would have to comment and any known  issues with that.
I have used the SERIAL to USB connectors to upgrade or do program dumps from old MIDI keyboards.

There is some over required when doing this so you will need current computer hardware for it to work well.
There are minimum hardware requirements listed on the web sites.
Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

11 (edited by doodoo52 2011-09-19 16:52:05)

MC  dministrator can you answer to me?

1 - i understand that the Remote Control softwere and the dsp upgrede softwere can work o k with windows xp if i conect the adi 96 to the computer throw the Serial cable 9-pin D-type or the usb of the computer if i will open the virtual xp throw window 7 every thing will work fine and i can work with the Remote Control softwere of the adi and upgrede the adi dsp throw the virtual w.xp of my w.7 ?
am i wrigt or wrong?

2 -"Indeed the installer does not work anymore under W7. But the program itself does. Simply use the exe and copy it somewhere, then put a link on your desktop".

can you axplain this to me stap by stap i dont understand.

You don't need a virtual XP environment. Simply copy and unzip the folder containing the remote software to C:\Program Files or so and run the adipro.exe (no need to run setup). This software will run under W7 (if you have an RS232 connection) And there is nothing to upgrade...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

just to be shur
i anderstand from what you said that i can work with the adi96 pro Remote Control softwere on my windowes 7 if i will copy it to my C:\Program Files and open it from ther?

14 (edited by doodoo52 2011-09-20 14:53:41)

"Simply copy and unzip the folder containing the remote software to C:\Program Files or so and run the adipro.exe (no need to run setup). This software will run under W7 "

i deed what you said but
i coudnt open the Remote Control softwere on my windowes 7 ...what to do ?

I just mailed you a zip file with the remote control as an exe file, no need to install it, just copy it to a folder.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

"I just mailed you a zip file with the remote control as an exe file, no need to install it, just copy it to a folder."

first of all thank you very much icopy it to a folder but were i can see the remote control ?

adipro.exe

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME SupportRME Tech Support / Admin.

i thank you alot everything is fine now all working well
thank you rme for your halp
david

Hello.

Can you send me the Adipro.exe file also?

My xp computer just crashed.

Kind regards.

Morten.

Here is the whole directory from after installation as zip file. Simply copy the whole folder into C:\Program Files and put a link to the exe on your desktop.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/ad … talled.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks.

Have i misunderstod something, when i thought that i could use the com port on an old audiolink 96 Multiset to remote adi-96 pro?

If not how do i make it work. There are 4 com port to choose from whitin the remote software but i only have the one on the multiset. 2-4 says is not avalable. nr 1 don't show any error, but device is still not recognised. (even though it's turned on and plugged in)

Kind regards.

This (ADAT Sync) port does not connect to the ADI 96. You would need a physical COM port on the PC.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME