Topic: Rename to 'USB and FireWire series'?

It may be time to start the transition to no FireWire, by using the transitional title of 'USB and FireWire series', to be eventually replaced by 'USB series'.

On music hiatus, so RMEs have gone to homes where others can enjoy them.

Re: Rename to 'USB and FireWire series'?

Patanjali wrote:

It may be time to start the transition to no FireWire, by using the transitional title of 'USB and FireWire series', to be eventually replaced by 'USB series'.

Funny, just today I put in a 9652 card in my computer and removed the dust-collecting firewire card out.

Ahhh ja. And what to do with all the existing FireWire related posts? You volunteer to move them out into a different forum? And what to do with posts coming up the next years (as you know RME will support FW longer than Apple, most probably...). big_smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Lower latency on FW reported here.  Using a UCX with Sequoia and Samplitude through a SIIG NN-E20012-S2 card. I'll stick to FW.

5 (edited by Patanjali 2015-12-08 06:32:10)

Hello MC,

Can't you rename the forum? Seems they are referenced by their id anyway.

Your eventual name might then be 'USB series (and really old Firewire!)'. wink

Renaming is a simple thing to do. Just type it in and ready, yes?

It would also change the URL's in most forum software and would render thousands of posts on other websites useless.

Besides, SEO scores in Google would go down.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

cyrano wrote:

It would also change the URL's in most forum software and would render thousands of posts on other websites useless.

As I pointed out, the URLs for these forums use thread and post ids (numbers), which is what is inserted in 'other' sites, rather than derived from the titles, so which URLs would be obsoleted?

cyrano wrote:

Besides, SEO scores in Google would go down.

If the forum pages are referenced by numbers, what SEO would be affected? Content is still the same.

So, if 'Renaming is a simple thing to do. Just type it in and ready', yes!

Yes, indeed. Didn't notice. Sorry.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...