Topic: RME - Please fix your spambot blocker!!

If my computer stores the responses to the questions for spambot, the answers don't seem to satisfy it and cause the same questions to keep appearing again. I have to artifically insert some spaces after the answer for it to accept.

Please look into other validation methods. It's highly annoying everytime I have to post a response.

2 (edited by Randyman... 2015-12-01 03:29:28)

Re: RME - Please fix your spambot blocker!!

I don't seem to have this issue using Chrome on W7?  I type the first letter of my previously entered answer, it auto-fills in (field turns yellow) and click "Enter".  Just did this on this very post before I edited it!!!

For those that are affected - I believe this is the website's attempt to block auto-fill-in type input (as would happen from your browser's saved password cache or from autonomous spambots, etc).  Manually adding the space from your keyboard appears as valid manual user input, and obviously gets around this protection (the engine must omit trailing spaces in the answer?)

I agree it can be annoying ESPECIALLY when you've been posting here for years and the website randomly thinks you are a spambot based off some unknown criteria.  Even when the auto-fill works - it's still annoying for regular posters to continually confirm they are human...

Maybe RME could lessen the frequency of spambot challenges for users with current RME Forum history.  It's generally the new accounts / inactive accounts you need to be overly cautious with regarding spam.  cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

I doubt that the typical forum user is seeing this dialog regularly. This is a registration dialog, not a log-in dialog! Your log-in information is stored locally in a cookie on your computer, so your browser can log in even without 'autofilling', the dialog doesn't show up at all. On my computers the RME forum is not different than any other forum I regularly visit. The only times I have to 'log in' is when I change computers or CCleaner has cleaned it. But even then I just get the normal Log In dialog and the information is 'autofilled' from the browser (stored password function) - nothing else. And that again is the same as with any other forum.

So if you have such kind of problem then maybe you have disabled specific 'comfort' functions to increase security - but then have to accept the uncomfortable consequences.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Randyman... 2015-12-01 19:53:03)

I thought the OP was talking about the spambot challenge questions (type "fireface" backwards; 8 = 4 + ?; etc.) that come up when posting a reply?

I get those quite often when replying to posts, but Chrome's auto-fill function seems to work for these once I type the first letter of a previously entered response (like typing the "e" auto-fills "ecaferif" since I've entered it dozens of times now).

EDIT - HA!  Just got the "type "fireface" backwards" spambot question when posting this very reply!!!

sambasevam - What OS/Browser are you experiencing this in?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Randyman... wrote:

I thought the OP was talking about the spambot challenge questions (type "fireface" backwards; 8 = 4 + ?; etc.) that come up when posting a reply?

I get those quite often when replying to posts, but Chrome's auto-fill function seems to work for these once I type the first letter of a previously entered response (like typing the "e" auto-fills "ecaferif" since I've entered it dozens of times now).

EDIT - HA!  Just got the "type "fireface" backwards" spambot question when posting this very reply!!!

sambasevam - What OS/Browser are you experiencing this in?

cool

Yes, that's the problem. Autofill doesn't work - keeps prompting questions. Infinite loop.

Chrome, Win7 x64