1 (edited by trevor.kropf 2016-08-25 23:22:04)

Topic: Ableton not recognizing my hdsp9562

Looking for support. I just installed my RME Hdsp9562 with expansion card, and in-turn download and installed the latest drivers from the RME website. Unfortunately after rebooting my computer and opening live 9 , I find that the card is recognized but will not open. I have reseated the card and have reinstalled the drivers a few times now to no avail....any help is appreciated.

Re: Ableton not recognizing my hdsp9562

More details - got Settings dialog and TotalMix working? Tried DIGICheck? Tried Reaper? And which driver did you install on which OS?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Windows 7

Downloaded the last driver from the RME site, Installed the card, opened ableton, and received the typcial error message saying audio is disabled. Once in live the hdsp card is recognized but wont open.

After going through the install wizard I attempted to locate an rme file in my programs however nothing populated....so no i have not run any RME application.

Is that an older card with maybe PCB revision 1.5 or below?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm not sure as the card was purchased second hand and the boot disk was not provided. I downloaded and tried running the flash update however it would not open?

Serial # 23135521

The PCB revision is written on the PCB in white colour. A firmware upgrade is not necessary and can not be done until the drivers can use the card.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Rev 1.7

Then you can only try a different PCI slot before you are out of luck, as I expect the card not to be visible in the Device Manager.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Tried moving the card to another pci slot, to no avail? I think it may be a problem with the driver. The driver states its been successfully installed however i cant find an rme folder anywhere. Is there anything else im required to download outside of the driver?

No. Did you check that the card is shown in the Device manager?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME