Topic: TotalMix FX

Have just installed Windows 10 and now the Total Mix FX disappeared. Where can I find the files to the program to install it again. the old does not seem to work on Windows 10. And thats very sad. Now I cannot use my BabyFace Blue anymore.
Sincerely
Peter Stedt

Peter Stedt | ICT Educator | Designer
ICT pedagogical support | Karolinska Institutet University Library
171 77 Stockholm (Solna)  | Fe 200 (Berzelius väg 7B)
08-524 84 143
Peter.Stedt@ki.se | http://ki.se/ub

Visiting address:
Center for Learning and Knowledge (CLK)
4 Learning
Berzelius väg 3
Karolinska Institutet
Solna

Karolinska Institutet - a medical university

Re: TotalMix FX

Install the current driver from here: http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/uc.php

If it's still not there, check your start up items and make sure it is enabled. CTRL+ALT+DEL then choose Task Manager then the Startup tab.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

The main application can be loaded under Windows/System32 directory as well.

Great, this worked and I could find and start the program, but I now have a latency in my headphones when recording from the microphone, a Neuman TLM 102 condenser.
How can I solve this problem?
Ciao

Jeff wrote:

Install the current driver from here: http://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/uc.php

If it's still not there, check your start up items and make sure it is enabled. CTRL+ALT+DEL then choose Task Manager then the Startup tab.

Do you configure a headphone mix inside Totalmix ? This should have nearly any recognizeable latency.

Or do you send the signal 1st via USB to the DAW, make there mixing / effects and
send it then back via USB to the headphones ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi
I am not quite sure about the signal flow in TotalMix FX but I manage to get rid of the latency between the microphone and what I hear in the headphones when I record in real time (I hope you understand my poor english)
I needed to change in Windows 10 own settings under Sound Settings. I tried to insert some printscreens for you so you could see but I did not have permission to do that (I think).
Thanks!
Peter

ramses wrote:

Do you configure a headphone mix inside Totalmix ? This should have nearly any recognizeable latency.

Or do you send the signal 1st via USB to the DAW, make there mixing / effects and

Hi again
I did manage to fix the latency but now its back again so I will try to explain the issue I still have.
The issue is; with my headphones on and recording my voice (with my NEUMANN TLM 102 48v mic ) into Adobe Audition or Screencast-o-matic theres is an annoying slapback/Latency in my headphones. It makes it impossible to record and have the headphones at the same time.
When then listening at my recording it seems alright.

So now I cannot have the headphones on my head when I record. Only when I listen. Its a little bit annoying to put the headphones on and of all the time.

I wish I could send an printscreen of my TotalMix FX settings but there is a problem for me to do that here at the Forum. It seems I dont have access to put pictures in my message.
Please let me know how to do that.

Best regards
Peter

peter.stedt wrote:

Hi
I am not quite sure about the signal flow in TotalMix FX but I manage to get rid of the latency between the microphone and what I hear in the headphones when I record in real time (I hope you understand my poor english)
I needed to change in Windows 10 own settings under Sound Settings. I tried to insert some printscreens for you so you could see but I did not have permission to do that (I think).
Thanks!
Peter

ramses wrote: