Topic: Octamic XTC missing record output

Hi , I have 2 Octamic XTCs and are trying to record from them on the USB output, one mac and one PC. Had a nightmare updating one for PC use but got it going including changing mic gain (great forum - thanks!).

But looking at the digital routing, Rec 1-8 is missing from both units. 9-16 and 17-24 both there and appear to be working. One is running 25/36 and the other is 25/47. Is anyone else having this issue - is there something I'm doing wrong? It looks like Rec 1-8 is working and has defaulted to output mics 1-8 but not possible to change.

Re: Octamic XTC missing record output

Mic 1-8 are default for USB 1-8 and indeed you can not change that as they are the main inputs of the unit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Octamic XTC missing record output

Thanks for that, thought I was going mad! Will it be possible to change this in a future update? On this occasion we are using it as a format converter and MADI router, where the main inputs are not the mic amps but MADI; 1-24 are sent from the Calrec broadcast desk to multitrack via USB, 49-56 to a UAD Apollo via TOSlink light pipe and 57-64 to Cedar and L2 output limiter via AES. Seems a pity to limit its' functionality so we can only record 16 tracks for virtual soundchecks.