Topic: Multiple interfaces supported in TotalMix?

If multiple interfaces are connected (like the Fireface 800), are all outputs available to all channels for routing in TotalMix? or is it impossible to route an input from one interface to an output of another?

I'm designing a massively multichannel space and I'm looking for a solution for 48+ discrete channels. I'd like any input to be route-able to any output.

Re: Multiple interfaces supported in TotalMix?

TotalMix routes and mixes on a per device base.

48+ channels is not 'massively' at all and easily covered by our MADI interfaces and converters. In that case with all channels in one TotalMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I am very satisfied with a MADI solution based on the new UFX+ connecting 2 RME XTC.
But his could also be any combination of Mic Preamp or A/D D/A converter.
What are your requirements ? Shall it be USB/Thunderbolt based or do you want an internal card ?
When you talk about channels .. what channels do you mean Mic or Line ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yep 48ch isn't massive compared to a lot of scenarios. We're building an studio / performance space, and we're just excited to have a speaker array that's >10 speakers smile

I'm focussed on line output channels to head to our speaker arrays. Number of inputs is not that important to us: 8-16 is more than plenty, and no real need for preamps.

It looks like a Fireface UFX+ via Thunderbolt, M-32 DA, and M-16 DA would do it? Can't believe I didn't know about MADI. hmm

5 (edited by ramses 2016-12-11 23:03:43)

Then also other products could be interesting for you
- MADIface USB (via USB2)
- MADIface Pro (via USB2)
- MADIface XT (via USB3/PCI-Express)

You only should look closely what you require and which of these products bring you most benefits.

If you use mainly the line outputs of a D/A converter keep in mind, that nowadays music content of 96 kHz is available.
By channel multiplexing you can only transfer 32 channels over madi @96kHz. If you want more scalability the MADIface XT would offer to you more reserves (3 MADI channels IN and OUT, 2x optical, 1x coaxial).

Read the handbooks, you find there useful information, like i.e. the MADIface XT requires
a modern computer in terms of performance.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13