Topic: RME ADI 2 Pro => phantom power ??

Hello guys smile

I'm going to buy a ADI 2 PRO

But before i want to check some things.

-  is  phantom power 48volt to the INPUTS??
  - Can i control the master volume from my computer or i have to control it from the potar of the ADI 2 Pro ?? It is the same preamp ??
  - Is this interface the best soud quality of RME ???

Thanks guys you are the best

Re: RME ADI 2 Pro => phantom power ??

1) NO microphone inputs, only 2 line ins!
2) ONLY by "big knob". No remote, no TotalMix. Of course you can use you DAW/PC software mixer, but that´s different story.
3) But the sound is really fantastic. Creme of the creme. Rivals anything in pro audio AND high-end.
---
The power of ADI-2 Pro is hidden in extreme versatility. High end (one of the best) headphone amps + 2 ch high-end AD + 4 ch of high-end DA + basic (limited) audio interface + full support of Digicheck...

Price/performace (or value) ratio? Very good indeed. One of my best choices.

Michal

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik

3 (edited by ramses 2017-01-10 17:48:34)

The 2 analog inputs are analog inputs no micro preamps.

Whenever an application has the possibility to change the volume you can control it from the application.
If you are under Windows and
- use the ASIO driver with a DAW, then you can control the output in the DAW
- use an application which has no ASIO support, but uses the WDM driver, then you can control the volume inside the application as far as I remember

This interface has reference quality.
But its not a typical recording interface and doesn't come with Totalmix.

Read the manual, what it can do for you. Its clearly described there.

Very versatile unit, its killer in terms of quality + features + form factor for the price !

See also here for reviews of the device.
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24493

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks guys smile

So, i want to controle the sound from my computer and plug one Mic like an AKGC414...

I'm fan of Hight end Hifi..

and i also need a very good latency..

What should i buy ?

The madiface XT ??

Hi! I'm BUMPING this old thread as I have a microphone Schoeps CMIT5U and I am on the hunt for a "cheap high-end" AD/DA interface with USB support which this one seems to have. But as I couldn't find any phantom power support, how you would go about using the supported preamp(?) inside of this unit for recording high quality ADC?

Is there any way to send unmodified analogue signal from my microphone+phantom power and then use the amazing premp and ADC inside of RME ADI-2 Pro FS? I mean what good is its recording for if it doesn't even support microphone inputs? Thanks in advance! smile

6 (edited by ramses 2019-05-26 08:50:07)

I answered this already in the other thread.
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 56#p141656

Why open 2 threads for one thing ?
This is not required. Your question was already clear in the other thread ;-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13