Topic: Can't Record Through Windows With RME.

I have a Hammerfall Dsp Multiface and i'm using Windows 7. Everything works fine in all my software Cubase, Soundforge etc., but in Windows, although i have the Rme Adat as my default sound device and playback works fine for all applications - windows shows no signal on the record meter, and if i try to record using the default "sound recorder" or in any other Windows application Movie Maker etc., there is no sound. Could this have anything to do with Total Mix? If anybody has any ideas i'd be extremely appreciative. I updated the rme card and drivers.

Re: Can't Record Through Windows With RME.

2 things.
First you have to set up the input you are using in configuration/sounds, same as you did with playback.
Second, remember you are recording inputs, not mixes or outputs. So if nothing shows up in the top row of totalmix (inputs) you will record nothing.
If you want to record something you are playing on the same pc. You will have to create a loopback from the output you are playing to the input. Simplest is a digital spdif loopback if you don't use that for anything else. Make sure the card is set to internal clock. Connect spdif in to out and make sure you don't send the spdif in to the output. Of course you could also loop any analogue output to any input. Maybe that is a little easier.
Hope this helps.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Yeah i get input signal on the total mix hardware analogue inputs, i think the problem is that windows is looking for signal on the adat inputs, not the analogue one's. Not sure why this is and i can't seem to change it in windows. Can i route the hardware out put to the adat input? Not sure how to solve this, and thanks for your help.

(Have a look again at all the tabs of the windows sounds. You should be able to select the analogue ins. If not yes as I explained you can use a loopback in this case agat to adat and the route the analogue inputs to the adat out and then they should appaer at the adat in too, with the loopback cable.)
Ah I found it, it is in the hammerfall setup utility. There you select which input appears and how many!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

(Have a look again at all the tabs of the windows sounds. You should be able to select the analogue ins. If not yes as I explained you can use a loopback in this case agat to adat and the route the analogue inputs to the adat out and then they should appaer at the adat in too, with the loopback cable.)
Ah I found it, it is in the hammerfall setup utility. There you select which input appears and how many!

That was it!!! Had to configure the WDM devices to change it to the analogue inputs. Thank you very much!