Topic: Madi experimentation for low level user

I am thinking that other than some time a some money, how could I learn to use the madi section of the UFX+ And begin to understand it more? 

Keep it mind, it took me 10 years of on/off time to get a solid understanding of Cubase and a MOTU 896hd interface. The groundwork on the UFX+ is partially in place and my music sounds pretty damn good to me.  Before I get even more out of touch, I'd like to get a feel for how it works how to connect it, set it up and how it sounds. 

Is anyone currently utilizing this kind of setup that would mind guiding me along (spoon feeding)

Just to be understood:  I am a solo hobby musician who is recording years of old band stuff and new solo guitar with a few jazz quartet /quintet guys who show up 2-3 times a year for a free lunch and  bs stories.  I'm competing financially with no one with this work

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

Re: Madi experimentation for low level user

Advantage of UFX+ and Octamic XTC is, that XTCs are remote controlled via Midi over MADI.
And the XTC is currently the only preamp, which fully integrates into the TotalMix FX instance of the UFX+.
So you have one window and access to all faders.

MADI has the advantage of 64 channels @44.1/48, multiplexing up to @192 is possible.
You have optical fibre links, completely dedicated to the solution.
You can build a ring of devices where one link can be 2km long thanks to fibre.

See my blog entry to use UFX+ with 2 Octamic XTC (could be up to 8!).
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … Cber-MADI/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ramses,  that is tremendous work you have put into this.  I absolutely thank you for the re-direct.  It will take a bit for me to dig through it all.  So far, your explanation alone makes great sense

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

Many thanks for your very positive feedback.

You will see in my blog section also other articles which are related and might be of interest for you.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13