Topic: Control volume of all analogue outputs simultaneously

Hi, I'm new here and have got my first question!

Is it possible to send AES input to outputs 1/2 (rear) while sending SPDIF input to outputs 3/4 (phones 3/4) and then control the volume of both outputs simultaneously (link) with the big knob?

It should work in AD/DA-mode the way I interpret the manual (perhaps other modes also?). Pushing Vol button twice to get to "Dual volume" mode, and there, one is able to turn the big knob to adjust both outputs, right?

I'm planning my subwoofer/DAC upgrade, but for my idea to work I need to be able to control both of the two outputs volumes simultaneously, while they keep their volume relationship to each other - otherwise the main monitor and subwoofer volumes would not stay in relation to one another. I will be using PH 3/4 for subs and XLR 1/2 for mains.

Cincerely,
Oskari

Re: Control volume of all analogue outputs simultaneously

Yes, the famous gearslutz cross-postings... wink

The manual (and you) are right. Also note another linked action - when you use two headphones the linked mode comes automatically as third option when pushing the VOLUME knob several times.

Your setup idea also works in USB mode, because you can select the source of PH 3/4 output in any mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I take this as a validation that this routing should work: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25362

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by oskjan 2017-04-09 18:19:49)

MC wrote:

Yes, the famous gearslutz cross-postings... wink

The manual (and you) are right. Also note another linked action - when you use two headphones the linked mode comes automatically as third option when pushing the VOLUME knob several times.

Your setup idea also works in USB mode, because you can select the source of PH 3/4 output in any mode.

Yes yes. But got to turn to the right board for the 100% answers. wink

Thanks for the answer!

ramses wrote:

I take this as a validation that this routing should work: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25362

Nice setup and thanks for confirming!