As many here, I badly wanted the mute function to work again after switching from WindowsVolumeRelay to MidiVolume.
So as karoloydi and producerism did before me, I finally took the time to open and edit the code that kritzikratzi provided for MidiVolume.
While I was there, here is what I did :
- take into account the mute state.
- catch an exception that prevented my Windows10 from a clean shutdown
- change the icon to two icons, because I wanted a clean one pixel white line icon to fit in the windows 10 notification tray, but still needed a black one in the explorer.
- repackaged the source folder so that it stays focused on MidiVolume (there were other projects in there).
- called it 1.1, because why not.
My edits are documented, and in the sources I provided the photoshop file I used to create the icons, and the "legacy" one is still there of course.
For anyone interested on further editing or simple icon swap, I used SharpDevelop (free, light, and easy to understand) to open the solution, and it compiled on my first attempt.
Anyway, here are the links, hope it helps some of you :
sources : https://mega.nz/#!jIMD0I4L!qlbnk_7uM-ze … YG1n7_MadQ
windows executable : https://mega.nz/#!Wd9VxLib!11f2l6dDnBbr … -MhzzOhbbg