1 (edited by sps 2017-05-18 10:42:33)

Topic: 9632 PCI and hiss or hf noise issue

Hello,
using the RME 9632 latest driver and firm and it works perfect. The only prob is:

I had disturbing noises (hiss or hf noises), especially when moving the mouse in the output channel (headphone out too)
these disturbing noises are not recorded, only the outputs are involved. No IRQ probs, quality computerhardware (esp. PSU)
high quality Cables but no balanced becaus only a short way to the mixer.

So i know that using an intern card there is no chance to get a complete noiseless system. But is there a chance to reduce
these noises?

In an other thread about the AIO noise probs MC wrote:

<- The main out will work absolutely noise-free when used with balanced connections. Get rid of possible ground problems and typical computer noise will go away too.

Is this a good way to reduce the noise? Don´t wanna spent money for an useless effort.

Using an extern card in this case an UR22 MK2 there is no noise at the outputs wether line or headphone out.

thanks for reading...:-)

p.s. no graphic card installed using the I7 6700 witn integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 GPU  MB Asus Z-170 A

Re: 9632 PCI and hiss or hf noise issue

You have a ground loop between your computer and the external amplifier connected to the 9632. Google that or search here in the forum, plenty of explanations and possible solutions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME