Topic: TotalMix FX "recall" functions feature request (for ARC USB)

Hi RME. Just received my ARC USB and it feels solid! Excited to start using it.

I'm familiar with the old basic and advanced remote which had a "Recall" button. I quite enjoyed this. smile

It seems in TotalMix FX (v1.42) "ARC USB Settings"[0] there are no options in the function dropdowns for "recall". (I had a quick search through the manuals for my interface (Fireface UCX) and the ARC USB, but couldn't find any further information.)

I like to keep the Preferences -> Snapshots -> "Do not load Main volume/balance" enabled. So for me, a recall function that I can assign to the ARC USB would be very useful.

(I assume it would just be a single "Main Out: Recall" function for the time being, as it doesn't seem that other outputs have recall settings. Maybe that will change in the future, in which case I expect RME would want to implement this in a more flexible way.)

Many thanks for any help and feedback! And of course: let me know if I can clarify the idea further.

---

[0] Likewise in "ARC and Function Keys", presumably because the "Recall" button was not configurable to any other function.

Re: TotalMix FX "recall" functions feature request (for ARC USB)

It looks like this has been addressed here: https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=25541

(MC says that "recall" should be coming to a TM update soon.)

So I'll consider this thread closed.

I had overlooked this post, sorry. You are therefore officially the first one to have asked for this feature wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I "get" that it's closed, but just in case wink

+1

1: MBP M1 Max 64gb
2: 2018 i7 Mini, 32gb
ProTools 2023.3, Live 11
UFX, FF400, Babyface