Topic: ADI-2 Pro Firmware Update 131 DSP 72 (Hotfix)
The second firmware update for the ADI-2 Pro is available. It was not scheduled to be released right now, because we are still working on several new features. But when forum user FIXXXER notified us about a nasty power-on thump at the rear outputs (which should not be there at all) we changed our plan to a version 'in-between'.
As explained in a different thread the reason for the rear output noise is that the Line Out relais simply made contact two hundred milliseconds too early. This has been fixed.
Now as that alone would be a bit boring you get some more stuff to play around until the next big update:
- The AD converter menu (via I/O, Analog Input) now offers 4 different filters. 2 FIR and 2 IIR, Sharp and Slow, similar to the DAC. The updated manual (link below) has measurements and more information.
- Loading a Setup changed the Basic Mode even with active USB connection. That should not happen as the sound then is distorted and broken. If USB is connected the Basic Mode information from the stored Setup is no longer executed.
- The SMUX mode for measurement via HpW Works at the AES/SPDIF output at 3xx kHz had been active in DSD mode. That makes no sense as you can't SMUX DSD, so it is deactivated now with DSD signals.
- The digital compensation filter for measurements at 384 kHz is now deactivated at 352.8 kHz. That means when using the ADI-2 Pro for DXD playback, the original frequency response and impulse response of the DAC is in effect.
- The currently used SPDIF input is now shown in the Status Bar as SPo or SPc.
There is also a new Windows driver available, version 0.9606, which adds ASIO native for DSD recording and playback. It has been tested with HQPlayer, JRiver, Sound-It! and Merging's Pyramix. Unfortunately the nicely priced Vinyl Studio, which could do DSD recordings via DoP and ASIO native, does not work (yet) with the ADI-2 Pro and DSD.
All drivers, firmware, DIGICheck and the updated manual can be downloaded directly from the ADI-2 Pro's website: