Topic: PB with Firmware Update from 12 to 14 of the Raydat, nothing happen

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to set my RAYdat card. Actually, windows recognized the card and all adat output avalaible but i have no sound in levelmeter of both windows and totalMix. That's like the card is not responding.

I've succesfully installed the drivers 4.1.7 from this page : https://www.rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/hdspe.php. i'm on windows 7

However, the firmware uptdate doesn't work. I'm not up to date (12 instead of 14), but when i try to clik on the update button, nothing happen. The button become transparent and the bar is stucked to 0. I can close the pcie_fut.exe by cliking OK or cancel.

Previously i've used the second tools instead of the first one in the list above (my mistake). Did that could change anything  (i don't think so but want to check)? Can my card be censored up with a previous eror in firmware updtae (may be the previous owner) ?

I've seen on the internet that i may do some stuff with the BIOS but nothing really clear. Can anyone help ?

Thanks !

Vincent (English is not my first langage, pls be kind)

Re: PB with Firmware Update from 12 to 14 of the Raydat, nothing happen

Pb finally solved. I had to set windows in high performance mode to be able to update the firmeware. May this answer can help someone.

Goodbye !

Indeed that is something I never heard of or encountered before, so will keep this in mind. Thanks.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I tested this on my Win7 system.
Flash update with v2.34 to RayDAT Rev. 14 works for me unter Win7 in all three power profiles.
So this issue can't be generalized and seems to be specific to the computer or RayDAT card in use.

To be able to sort this better out in the future I suggest to get more information in this thread about the HW being in use.
- which OS
- which mainboard, cpu, bios version
- which RayDAT serial number and revision
- into which PCIe Slot you placed the card

If this problem occurs again with another machine, then we can look for similarities.

Also interesting would be whether this issue happens in all of the available / free PCIe sockets on the mainboard.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13