Topic: ARC USB - Buttons blink when changing functions via Total Mix FX

Hey guys,
I just got my ARC USB and and so far everything seems to work quite nicely however there's one thing that I find strange. When I enable certain functions like mono or dim via the ARC, the button lights up and stays light up. Perfect. If I trigger the same function via Total Mix FX, the button blinks and flickers instead or staying light up. This is especially weird when changing snapshots in Total Mix FX because the previously loaded snapshot starts to blink on the ARC as well as the new one. When changing snapshots via ARC - no problem.
I'm using Total Mix FX 1.42 with the latest drivers on a Win10 64bit machine with a Fireface UFX and a Fireface UCX connected.
Best,
Klaus

Re: ARC USB - Buttons blink when changing functions via Total Mix FX

Ok, the issue seems to be more complex. I assigned the snap 7 and snap 8 buttons to start and stop durec recording (which also doesn't work reliably, especially stopping the recording). Now when I press snap 7 to start the recording, snap 1 begins to flicker as I were to change a snapshot within Total Mix FX.

> with a Fireface UFX and a Fireface UCX connected.

And that's your problem. Proper configuration of what you want to do with one or the other interface is required in their Key Commands dialogs...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah, that makes sense and works perfectly. Thanks Matthias!
Still the Durec problem persists: I use "record start" to start the recording - works great. Now if I had the option to stop the recording with the same button, it would be perfect but I don't might to use a second button which I assigned "Record/Play Stop" to. Now clicking on that button doesn't do anything, I need to double tab the button quickly to stop it.

ColdSteel wrote:

Still the Durec problem persists: I use "record start" to start the recording - works great. Now if I had the option to stop the recording with the same button, it would be perfect

No, it would be a catastrophy.

ColdSteel wrote:

but I don't might to use a second button which I assigned "Record/Play Stop" to. Now clicking on that button doesn't do anything, I need to double tab the button quickly to stop it.

For a good reason, and the same as above: you don't want to have a recording stopped accidentally by hitting the wrong button. If you stop a recording in TM FX a dialog comes up asking if you really want to stop the recording. At the ARC USB you therefore need to double tap the 'stop' button.

But thanks, I noticed this feature is not described in the ARC USB manual. I will add it there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias, that makes sense. Now that I know that the double tap is by design, I can absolutely live with it. Still I think having rec/stop rec on the same button would be a nice and I don't see the danger in it - in Cubase for example you start and stop recording by hitting * on the numpad. Works great.

Now Cubase is not a backup recorder where you loose EVERYTHING when pushing the wrong button...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

True. I just thought that you would have the same kind of double tab safety on the rec/rec stop button, theoretically you would have the same situation as when using two buttons - you just save one.

And we want to have a consistent GUI and operation. Here same as when looking on the display of the unit and working with its transport bar.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I can understand that. Thanks again, Matthias!