Topic: Hearing my Guitar

I know there are a lot of tutorials out there, but after browsing through a couple, I just need a simple answer if possible...

I want to record my guitar through the 2nd input on my Babyface Pro, but I also want to hear it direct in my headphones.

I use Sonar for my DAW and I arm the track with the input being the BabyFace Pro Right channel and it records fine. How do I also get to hear it at the same time? If I turn on input monitoring IN Sonar I get a delay even with low latency. So I figure actually monitoring the input via the interface is what I need to do (I can live without hearing the sound of the effects on the guitar while recording if need be).

Thanks.

Re: Hearing my Guitar

Click on Phones in the bottom row to select the Phones mix, then pull up the fader for input 2 in the top row.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I don't understand, I know for a fact I tried that... Possibly even the first thing I did, the day I posted the question, but sure enough, today it worked with zero trouble haha. I was raising and lowering every fader trying to hear it. So odd. But yeah it works fine.

Thanks

4 (edited by knuckle47 2017-06-13 18:24:12)

In a very satisfied way this highlights my belief that there needs to be a simplified quick start manual.

I'm not complaining or anything else... just an observation from reading hundreds and hundreds of posts with folks trying to get thru to an end and my own complete lack of understanding .  Sometimes the simple answers are so hard to come up with on your own.

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961

that would be nice, haha, or at least a "dummy" mode where all the abbreviations are expanded when you make everything full screen would probably help a bit :-)

In that case, after 3 months with my UFX +,  I would have just left "dummy" mode last week wink

Actually, I had just finished up a recording of some great gypsy jazz stuff I was working on and after 13 yrs. with Cubase....I admit it is one of my best .....BUT PREVIOUSLY,  I WAS CLEARLY IN DUMMY MODE

Babyface Pro, UFX+ via Thunderbolt, Win 10, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Asus Z270 i7700k Guitarist-1961