1 (edited by OmegaStylesBC 2017-06-17 00:13:30)

Topic: main out, both headphone outs (BF Pro)

It's hard for me to fully understand without the Babyface Pro in front of me, so I ask here:

1) Is it possible to send the exact same stereo main mix through the main outputs 1 & 2 (to speaker monitors) and also through both Headphone outputs, all at the same time? Both headphone outs (the 1/4 and the 1/8 ones) are stereo out right? So I wanted to run a set of headphones connected via 1/8" and then use a split cable to run a stereo signal from the 1/4" phone out into a stereo sampler.

BF Pro Main Outs 1 & 2 -> JBL LSR monitors
BF Pro 1/8" Phones Out -> DT770 headphones
BF Pro 1/4" Phones Out -> SP 303 sampler inputs using a 1/4" to dual RCA cable

Would this setup be possible so that I could have 3 of the same mix, being sent out simultaneously?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but TotalMix FX can save these certain routings and will automatically be setup like this each time until I change them?

Thanks so much!

Re: main out, both headphone outs (BF Pro)

All yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

good news, thanks MC!

Please have a look here for a TM primer

http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … rnal-equi/

Also very helpful
http://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/inde … al-Videos/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi not sure of proper protocol, if I intrude I apologize, but may I ask in the above scenario are the headphone outs assigned the same as the main outs? If main outs are AN1/2 then phones are as well? Still a bit hazy on this subject... Thanks

win10 intel5,rme babyface,cubebase artist9.

6 (edited by ramses 2017-06-23 23:48:36)

The predefined "roles" in TM FX you see after pushing the "assign" button:
- Main Out
- Main Out B
- Phones 1 .. 4
- Cue/PFL to

You simply "choose / define / assign "
which hardware outputs at the end represent "Main Out", "Main Out B", "Phones 1..4" ...

Once assigned these Outputs are then visible under Control Room as they fulfill now special purposes / roles:
"Main Out", "Main Out B", etc

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks, have workable setup!

win10 intel5,rme babyface,cubebase artist9.

Nice, have fun !