Topic: Is the front headphone output (PH 3/4) on the ADI-2 Pro unbalanced?

Hello,

Is the front headphone output (PH 3/4) on the ADI-2 Pro unbalanced?

I only ask as the documentation for the ADI-2 Pro states the following:

"The front of the ADI-2 Pro has 3 hi-precision rotary encoders with push function, 4 buttons, a standby power button, a high resolution IPS display, and two TRS headphone outputs. The output channels 1/2 and 3/4 feed two phones outputs via two independent Extreme Power driver circuits, optimized for both high and low impedance headphones. Their unbalanced output signal is of highest quality. With 120 dBA SNR there is no audible hum and noise at those outputs.

In case a phones output is to be used as line output, an adapter TRS plug to RCA phono plugs, or TRS plug to two TS plugs is required."

Also, are there any issues if I plug in a balanced (TRS) 1/4" into the front headphone output (PH 3/4)?

Thank you,
Nelson

Re: Is the front headphone output (PH 3/4) on the ADI-2 Pro unbalanced?

A balanced connection does not work in a stereo output. Should be quite easy to understand. Mono (1 channel) balanced and stereo (2 channels) unbalanced - two totally different signals.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

A balanced connection does not work in a stereo output. Should be quite easy to understand. Mono (1 channel) balanced and stereo (2 channels) unbalanced - two totally different signals.

Hello MC,

Apologies for the basic question, but I wanted to be absolutely certain.

So to recap, PH 3/4 on the front-panel of the ADI-2 Pro is an unbalanced stereo output, correct?

If so, thank you for your help,
Nelson

> PH 3/4 on the front-panel of the ADI-2 Pro is an unbalanced stereo output

Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME