Topic: class compliant limitations with ipad app?

Hi, just checked out the ipad app with class compliant mode on the ufx, is it correct that it cannot link to/control octamic xtc like with windows totalmix?

I have fireface ufx and octamic xtc, both devices are connected via midi i/o for control, only the fireface ufx is connected via USB .
i use totalmix in windows to control everything (including the xtc via totalmix (pad/48v/gain etc)

but 2 things i noticed, when switching to class compliant mode the control (orange) led's go out on both devices, also even though everything is in 88.2k, totalmix still shows adat 1 to adat 16 (as if it doesnt reduce the channels to 8) I guess this is to be expected of class compliant?
In this mode can i not then control the XTC like i can in window totalmix? or is there some option that im missing?

Thanks

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

2 (edited by garry 2017-07-30 19:05:01)

Re: class compliant limitations with ipad app?

Ah just found in the help file of the iPad app
"General Limitation: The MIDI I/O ports of the interfaces can not be used to remote control the unit as it is possible under Windows/Mac. "
I couldn't see that when I had read the main ufx manual.. it looked to me that it should of worked.. this line is a but misleading
"On the iPad the optional app TotalMix FX for iPad gives full control of all functions and parame- ters in real-time and with full overview, similar to working under Windows and Mac."

Managed to get the app refunded so no probs, not a lot of use to me without that Feature.

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB