Topic: Connecting android tablet with USB & best app ?

Hi guys !

I have a few simple question but it's hard to find the answer in one row ;-)
(I use a Sierra Hackintosh)

I just would like to know if it's possible to directly connect an Android tablet to the Fireface UFX II (or at least to the computer…) ?

What is the best android App for controling Totalmix FX ? Does one provide with VU-Meters signal intensity informations at the inputs/outputs in real time ?
Do we have return (on the android .app) when changing values on the FF FX from the computer ?

Thanks for your help !!!

Best regards.

Re: Connecting android tablet with USB & best app ?

AFAIK there is only an application available for iPAD to have TotalMix FX available for
- stanalone operation of the RME unit or
- if you use a recording application on iPAD to have TM FX on top
The device must be in Class Compliant mode for this to work.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi !

Tanks for the answer.

Such a shame that there are no solutions for android as Apple goes crazy slowly by slowly…

On my side, i found that :
http://www.vurt.org.uk/touchosc-android … nnections/

But not tried yet…

Any user advice on android app ?

Best.

AFAI can read its about connecting OSC towards Mac OS X not towards an RME interface.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That s why I mentioned first  "at least to the computer" : to open up the debate a little bit ;-)

Thanks a lot Ramses, but your answers are...

As no one seems to be concerned by this topic, I guess everyone is fine with the 400$ Ipads with wifi solutions to send simple remote commands.
Maybe better to go have a search somewhere else ;-)

Best.
Elka.

6 (edited by ramses 2017-07-19 13:13:39)

I am not a fan of Apple devices thats no option for me.
Also I am not a fan of "castrated" tablets, too expensive.

For standalone operation, little recording etc I would simply buy a small Windows notebook.
Or if its in regards to screens, I would add a smal dedicated screen for TotalMix FX if I would need one.

But tbh .. my settings of TM are stored in a few TM Snapshots, its completely sufficient to change between them with ARC USB. The rest is being done in the DAW.

But these are my views ... Maybe you have different demands or simply like to make use of present smartphones / tablets.

I use OSC-Commander (now called Oscar) on Android with a Windows PC.  It works great but.  I don't know about Mac.

Screenshots here https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=23406