1 (edited by anttipohjola 2017-07-20 14:58:47)

Topic: UFX+ and Pro Tools request

Hi,

I know this has been asked before, but I´ll give it a shot again. Is there any chance to have a choice or a tab to have the MADI channels before the rest?

As we know Pro Tools vanilla can record only the first 32 channels of the interface. In the UFX+ the analog, adat and aes are the first channels to the daw and then comes madi. To most daws this is no problem as they see all the channels. I know its purely an artificial limitation by Avid, but still it makes my life very difficult. Especially, if you do 96 kHz. If you want 96 kHz you actually loose 8 channels, as the adats are cut in half. Also, when in 48 kHz, if you need all 32 channels there is no way to listen since the loop back thing uses the analog outs.

All this is not RME´s fault. I know. If I had the time to learn properly another daw, I would. But I don´t.

I understand its not wise to just change the channel order all together. Other daw users would get pissed. What im asking is to have a tab in the Totalmix or Settings to have madi the first channels. You can call it what ever you want. " MADI first", "Pro Tools", "stupid american daw" -setting or anything. I can live with it wink

Pretty please..

Antti

Re: UFX+ and Pro Tools request

Any comments from RME?

Antti

This seems to be a highly political issue given that multiple requests about resorting ASIO channels remain uncommented but even discussions about the color preference for device housing is worth comments from the vendor...

4 (edited by anttipohjola 2017-07-31 10:32:03)

To be honest, I would settle for info, that its not technically feasible. It just looks like thats not the case, like you said. Not reacting at all keeps the situation on hold and thats not very cool.

Bump

AFAIR this request has been raised already in the forum and there was already an answer from RME to this topic.
Use the search function of the forum to find this thread.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The answer (it is a pro tools limitation) is in the post below.
Sounds like you should contact AVID...

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=24755

SamProX23 Suite-RME UFX+,FF800;X-Touch,21" Acer Touch,ASUS ROG G750JH-DB71-Win8,MSSurfbook-Win10

Yes, I know how it works. Thanks to all for your input. I guess it´s time to consider another interface after all. Damn.. The way things are, there is no room for increasing my remote mic input count with UFX+.

Avid isn´t going to change this anymore than RME.

Cheers,

Antti

Hello RME team,

I own 3 RMEs. Love them. I'm a pro, working on this f*** protools because they have the monopoly. This problem is well known and the AVID team already shows how dumb they are... please do not be as thick headed as them and do something... at least remove the second ADAT channel on the input list so we can use 32 channels in 96K using loopback.

I beg you.

Best