1 (edited by ColdSteel 2016-10-08 09:25:47)

Topic: Changing the order of ASIO inputs when using two RME interfaces?

Hi guys,
my DAW runs with a Fireface UFX connected. Now I've added a Fireface UCX to the setup which works great. The only problem is: the order of ASIO I/Os has changed in a way that now all the UCX I/Os come first and then the UFX I/Os which means that all of my Cubase projects which were running fine now have completely wrong I/O setups because they replaced the UFX I/Os with the UCX ones. How can I change the order of I/Os so that my UFX I/Os come first and get my compatibility back and then the UCX I/Os are added at the end of list?
Thanks in advance!
Best,
Klaus

Re: Changing the order of ASIO inputs when using two RME interfaces?

Change ADAT cabling as 1st quick workaround ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for the idea but that doesn't solve the problem with all the analog I/Os.

I had a session about two years ago with quite the same kind of setup, UFX, UCX and UC.
I remember having the same kind of issue with the Cubase input section.
I can't remember the details how I managed to make the setup perform with with the right patch inside Cubase,
but I think it had something to do with the order of turning on the devices.

I might have had UFX running while booting the PC and when I had Cubase running, I turned on UCX and UC.
Not sure, but that might solve the problem.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

Nice idea! Sadly it didn't solve the problem, UCX always comes first no matter when I turn the UFX on. Maybe an RME official can give us some insight?

*bump*

It would be really great if any of the RME guys around could comment on that issue (or of course any other user who's smarter than me :-))

No ideas? In the meantime I tried to contact the RME support twice via email but got no response.

I have to bring that topic up again. Somehow I managed to get the UFX to come first and then UCX to come second. Now with the reinstallation of the drivers, the UCX now is the first one again which causes comeplete chaos. There has to be a way to change the order of the interfaces, if I only knew how ...
Thanks in advance!
Klaus

*bump*

No chance to manually do something here?

If the new MADIface driver works as expected we will add this feature to the USB series as well:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 23#p127323

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That would be so cool! Thanks, Matthias!

Thats cool indeed, many thanks Matthias !

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopi … 79#p127379

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME