Topic: All of a sudden no ASIO sound with Fireface UFX / UCX

Hey,
I'm running a Fireface UFX and a UCX on the same machine and it worked perfectly all the time. Now sometimes all of a sudden the ASIO output just "disappears", I can't get any ASIO sound at all. The only way to get sound from ASIO back is to either reboot the computer or to select a different ASIO driver and then reselect the RME driver again.
It can happen in the middle of a session - no ASIO sound. Windows Audio or external sources work flawlessly so the interfaces seem to work fine. It might be that the problem came with the latest driver update. Is there a driver archive so I can roll back to the last version to test things?
Best,
Klaus

Re: All of a sudden no ASIO sound with Fireface UFX / UCX

You can get oder drivers by copying and manually editing the driver download link. That said, I'd doubt this is a driver issue. Have you tried another cable or USB port?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

No, I haven't. However I doubt that's the issue since it seems that only ASIO is affected by the problem and nothing else and nothing has been touched here for months. The only thing I changed was the driver so I'll try an older driver first. If that doesn't help then I'll swap out the cables.

Often you can restore an older driver from device manager. Click update driver with a right click on the rme device just pick search driver in step one and choose from list in step 2. If still available you will see the older driver.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Thanks for the tip! For now everything seems to be running smooth again however the driver uninstallation/reinstallation changed the order of my interfaces which makes my I/O settings go crazy (see other topic).